need help running RWM on Vista 64bit

An place for english questions !
Antworten
storm21b

need help running RWM on Vista 64bit

Beitrag von storm21b »

. delete your old Sudden Strike Copy (only if possible, recommended)
2. install Sudden Strike
3. make a backup of your "game_exe.exe"
4. patch Sudden Strike to Versions 1.9-2.0 & 2.0-2.2 (when needed)
5. install RWM 6.7 Final
6. install RWM 6.71 Bugfix
7. replace the new game_exe.exe with your old one (the backup) (do not replace the RWM.exe!)
8. set game_exe.exe and the MultiModSwitcher.exe to start with Compatibility Mode "Windows NT4"
9. start the MMS once with administrative rights and press the "Fix Config"-button
10. choose RWM
11. close MMS
12. The registry needs to be changed when using the x64 version of Vista, in order to expierience ingame sounds

Registryhack for working sound:
It's recommended that you are creating a system restore point (I don't know the english name for it, but I try to translate them, corrections are welcome ) before starting an operation like this. No one has experienced problems yet, but only in case something goes wrong we are on the safe side.

You can create a restore point when following a path like this one:
START\Alle Programme\Wartung\Sichern und Wiederherstellen\
START\All Programs\Maintenance(?)\Secure and Restore(?)\

The editing goes easier than thought:
1. press your START-Button type "regedit" into your "search field"
2. Follow this path (Should be the same, though.): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore\
3. Delete the whole content of the folder (PropertyStore). '

I have tried this repeatedly to no avail.

I have vista home premium 64 bit. I can run SS2 stock with no problems. The closest I can get to running the game is with out it being in a compatability mode. It will go as far as letting me load a map the load screen will come up and it will get to about 10% crash to the desktop and say game_exe not working.

when i run it in windows nt 4 it goes straight to a black screen and crashes as well and says the same thing.

I have tried with the regular game_exe and the crack and i cannot get this to work please someone help me!!!!
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: need help running RWM on Vista 64bit

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

can't really give you any detailed info since i am running on 32bit. (x86)

i couldn't get it to run initially either when i tried the way you posted so i just installed it, ran it as admin and set compatibility mode to XP service pack 2 (just because thats what i used to have) and hey presto it works. maybe you should try that if you haven't already.

its not perfect. eg, i can't load a saved game from in the game - have to quit and restart or else i get a btw, which is a pain in the arse, but atleast it runs. hth.

cheers
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
MICKEY
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von MICKEY »

where can i get the 1.9 2.0 -2.0-2.2 patches please guys
astro
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Beitrag von astro »

Patch 1.9 to 2.0 (Sudden Strike 2)

Download:
http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/Down ... 19to20.exe

Sudden Strike Patch 2.0 to 2.2

Download:
http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/DM/f ... 20to22.exe

Greets
astro
Bild

Bild
Der, der keinen Plan hat , wie man mir sagte !
MICKEY
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Re: NEED HELP running RWM on Vist HELP HELP

Beitrag von MICKEY »

help i cant get rwm to work im following the discription and all go ok its just when i try to install the 1.9-2.0 & 2.0-2.2 patches that dont give you option to file them to a drive or game file and when i attach then to the ss2 folder thay apear to not be doing anything dont even look open . also when i go to use the multy switcher i get a mesage show (link out of bounds -1) i open switcher and there is no patch versions avalible its just blank this is driving me so mad :evil:
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“