6.8 Beta Feedback forum

An place for english questions !
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Re: 6.8 Beta Feedback forum

Beitrag von LongRifle »

A few more ideas.......

Could the supply vehicles put up barbed wire fence,not the ones they currently put up, but the connected fence as in the map editor?

Large artillery could have 4 to 6 man crews......and even large AT guns for that matter....smaller guns at least 3 man.

I would like to see the German 120mm mortar.

Could the artillery observers also fire smoke?....or white phosphorus?

Hospital tents or even buildings?

German tanks have the advantage in range and accuracy.....they just do.

Napalm from some allied planes.

I like the way the tanks sight on SS Resource.
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von LongRifle »

Just to add a little more.

By changing the tank sighting like the SS resource war game, it would provide a little bit of protection for infantry. Tanks without infantry are very vulnerable to infantry and I think tanks would have a hard time even finding infantry on their own.

Which brings me to the next point. Infantry should be able to hide and avoid detection unless they are walked right up on by other infantry. I don't think that is possible with the game engine so here is my possible solution.......Create a section of forest that can be entered like a building. This would provide a degree of protection as a thick forest would and infantry could hide in that area by clicking the cease fire button. Maybe a "building" could be made to hide infantry in high grass or very rocky area as well (but with less protection than forest).

Aircraft being able to detect infantry in a building needs to be fixed.........!

Is it possible with this game engine to let infantry take cover in ruins or rubble.......maybe in ruins if the building could not lose all of its health and still be entered.

When infantry are in the prone position they should be harder to hit and be provided with some addition protection (hit points/armor) from the terrain.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Woah.. nice ideas but totally unrealizable with the archaic sus2 engine i think..

Tanks are pretty much blind without infantry support already. I never played RW so I dont know how its different from sus2 tanking though.

I think tall grass and forest cover can be emulated by creative application of the 'visibility' feature. On the downside of this is that visibility is static so the covering effect will remain even when all trees have been shot to bits.

Hmm...speaking of trees... something that i think is kind of annoying is the steamrolling of heavy tanks..a tiger 2 will just plow through heavily forested areas like its nothing.. even mighty oak trees dissapear in a mist of shredded leaves when touched by a heavy tank. I know the animation is something you cant change.. but would it be possible to disable steamrolling for ALL tanks?
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

LongRifle hat geschrieben:A few more ideas.......

I would like to see the German 120mm mortar.

Hospital tents or even buildings?
Only 2 things which would be possible. At least the 120mm mortar is planned.

All other stuff sounds great but is not possible because of the engine like nevux allready wrote.
The SSRW stuff will maybe possbile if we will do the next version wih the SSRW engine which is planned but not 100% sure yet.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von LongRifle »

Glad to hear about the 120mm mortar!

I Have no idea what goes into the computer work that modifies this game and that's part of the reason I am so impressed with the work you have done here.

With that said, I would humbly submit, that I think a building could be made that has the skin of a section of forest. Once it has been bombed to bits it would just show as rubble and not be able to house infantry any longer.

As I mentioned before, Infantry should be able to hide (especially in heavy forest) and I think that placing them in a "building," in cease fire mode, is the way around the game engine.

I really know nothing of how the "modding" works, but this seems logical to me.
-Barbarossa-

Yea this would be possible in some kind of way I guess. I allready saw trees and bushes which could be entered as a building from other modders. We will discuss about that, the idea is good.
Green Devil
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Green Devil »

-Barbarossa- hat geschrieben:Yea this would be possible in some kind of way I guess. I allready saw trees and bushes which could be entered as a building from other modders. We will discuss about that, the idea is good.
Hi Barb military18 !

This idea is really great!!! I know this feature from HS 2. i hope we can see this feature as soon as possible in RWM 6.8.

Greetings - GREEN DEVIL military18
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

found this in a thread on the russian RWG mod

viewtopic.php?f=102&t=8127

2) Finally, we have got rid of the old bug. After finishing a mission, fighters get back to the base by themselves, and not deplete their fuel and fall

8) ...A fighter will attack only planes in immediate vicinity to the patrol point; it won't behave like before – rush across all the map above AA guns to attack a small enemy's plane.

Would it be possible to bring these changes into RWM? Would be great. Especially the second one, if the fighters just patrol above the battlezone and not fly off somewhere else and get shot down.
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
TheGuyverUnit
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von TheGuyverUnit »

I have recently started playing sudden strike 2 again and thought I would try out this new mod but when I start a map I get file not found ontank.rs2 and so forth. Am I missing something? Will be grateful for any help.
kopfabhassan
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von kopfabhassan »

Which Sudden Strike 2 Version you use?Free Version or normal from CD?
Zitate:

1.oder mit das Programm 2.ich komm nicht wieter Merdè 3.ich bekomme das nicht zum leufen (Final) 4.und wer bis du den für einer
auch so einer wie Lamafarmer wen ja da gut nacht Deutschland 5.Aber keiner war mal in einen La Guerre 6.Ich kaufe das nicht für 49,95 ,für ein 10 ja 7.ich mach kein kampf mit die ok8.Dein Deutsch ist ok 9.nicht den scheiss Forever der ist Mühl , Merdè HS2 ist genau richtig und besser als RWM 10.Schlauchboote wahrum nicht toole idee Danke11.@ kopf ab
und das ist dein Oder für den Forumwechter
TheGuyverUnit
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

It's the cd version and I have the patch installed.
TheGuyverUnit
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

I've figured it out. I tried some other mods and they had the same problem so I reinstalled sust and it all works now.
Rommel53
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Rommel53 »

For resolve infantry problem, we have found good solution in Fusion mod 4.1 . U can contact me for more detail. In fusion, panzer in town or in forest are dead against infantry, while infantry attack panzer first, and panzer need 2-3 second for reaction.
-Barbarossa-

Scandelay is no secret weapon! military12
Or did u find something else?
Rommel53
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Rommel53 »

Yes we have many thing change for realistic infantery. Scandelay is one but there is other. We have found a good balance for sight, scandelay, damage, armor and shoot preferences.

Its good that u have scandelay changed in rwm. In RW mod is scandelay not changed. :|

"Wood houses" is a good idea ! But the problem we can see soldat embushed in house with M touch :x
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“