map editor problem

An place for english questions !
Antworten
expoke

map editor problem

Beitrag von expoke »

Hi guys i am already playing ss2 since 2003 and for a couple years rwm.
I thought well why not make some maps from my own? Now my problem is i do not got any idea how i have to attach an AT gun or howitser to my trucks. I want them to be placed on the map connected, but i just can not find how to do it.
thanks for the help
hubcap

Re: map editor problem

Beitrag von hubcap »

ive wondered the same thing

doesnt seem like theres much ENGLISH support for the game we love so much......

it took me a month to reply.......

hopefully we get some clues.

IM ACHING to make some battles.
expoke

Beitrag von expoke »

Well we got the vieuws thats not the problem.
Mayby they think our question is to newbie so they wont answer it.
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

You simply place the howitzer directly after the truck in the editor of the reinforcements, on the right side. Then, if you want to send two trucks with howitzers you have the order: truck, howitzer, truck, howitzer. If only one appears i was wrong, then you must place the howitzer before the truck. Anyway, it must be nearby.

If you want to place it in beginning, just send a reinforcement on beginning.

BTW i hope you have Stahlins Sudden Guide? It is in english and some interesting aspects of map making are discovered.
doesnt seem like theres much ENGLISH support for the game we love so much......
We are writing a lot in english here, but most is not in the english forum. Most germans speak a little english. Seems our whole culture becomes replaced step by step. Now we have the "cent" , "copy shop" and hundreds of other words.

Some of the mods are completely in english although written by germans. I mean PWM. Another is the SSL (Liberation) by chinese modders. Most people seem to use RWM, but it is only that they have the most posts. HS2 has even more players. In each mod you find something special. I dont know why we should limit ourself to eastfront like RWM does...
expoke

Beitrag von expoke »

thanks for the help
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Stahlin hat geschrieben:I dont know why we should limit ourself to eastfront like RWM does...
Ermh...what?
RWM covers USA and UK aswell and even if the new scheme is called eastfront, it is also made for westfront maps and it matches very good.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

Sorry Barbarossa that i have forgotten westfront. I mean africa and asia is missing, and that is most interesting for me.

For the english mappers here is a guide to mapping:

http://www.filefront.com/17197503/Stahlins Sudden Guide.zip

It is useful for most mods. You can copy the folder map.254 to your maps.src folder. Most of the units on map and in reinforcements must be replaced when using another mod than RCM.
-Barbarossa-

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

RWM even has 2 desert/Arfica schemes with a lot of desert-camous for the troops. Ok the schemes are not that reworked like the Eastfront but they include the standart-basics.
Ok now back to topic. military6
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Dont forget to reserve two slots of the truck's cargo capacity for the howitzer crew, otherwise the gun will not be towed!
upholder

Beitrag von upholder »

hi ive just joined the site ive just bought sudden strike 3 & i want to learn how to make maps & missions but theres no map editor guide & im stuck any help would be great thanks
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Stahlin hat geschrieben:We are writing a lot in english here, but most is not in the english forum. Most germans speak a little english. Seems our whole culture becomes replaced step by step. Now we have the "cent" , "copy shop" and hundreds of other words.
just like we have "kindergarten" and "schadenfreude"...damn globalisation;) btw, even "dollar" comes from "thaler" which comes from "joachimsthaler" --> coins minted from the joachimsthal silver mine in the former sudetenland (now czech)

but i do understand your point. germany is very americanised but i guess that is the price of foreign occupation for so long and adenauer's puppet government (america still occupies germany today, 66 years after the war, albeit with the consent of the bundesregierung and restricted to garrisons around strategic airbases...same in japan...america is like herpes - once it enters a place, it never leaves haha). adenauer is also quite interesting. after ww1 he also tried to set up a french puppet government in the rhineland (1919?) and when the french occupied the rhineland (1923?) he asked them to make the rhineland a french satellite state ("westdeutsche bundesrepublik", with himself as its leader i guess). so adenauer was the perfect choice when the americans took over. its a pity to me that most germans speak english (usually) with such a strong american accent...it sounds wierd to british english speakers
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“