game-exe help

An place for english questions !
Antworten
MICKEY
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

game-exe help

Beitrag von MICKEY »

im trying to install the rwm patches and think i have finaly got somewhere but when im trying to start a game in the switcher a message comes up game-exe not found /c program files .. im using the free download ss2 and patches of this site been stuck trying to get back to rwm now three weeks its doing my head in help please
MICKEY
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Re: game-exe help

Beitrag von MICKEY »

anyone help ????
-=Slyder=-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -=Slyder=- »

Try this -> LINK
.:SLYDER:.

Bild
MICKEY
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von MICKEY »

any part im lookingfor to solve my problem ??? thanks
Naschval

Beitrag von Naschval »

Hi,

I have the same problem military14

SS2 ver.2.2 (free version) + RWM 6.7 running on XP
VonWaylit

Beitrag von VonWaylit »

It looks like the "free version" simply doesn't work because the file structure and main game exe have been altered from what the MMS expects.

Is there a way to install RWM such that it bypasses the need for the MMS? A more permanent installation?

At this point I'd just really like to play your mod without spending a pittance to get an old CD copy of the game. Please let me know if there is a fix for this, or if yall plan to fix the Free Version in the near future. Thanks.
-Barbarossa-

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

A stand-alone version is planned which will hopefully end the problems.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
VonWaylit

Beitrag von VonWaylit »

You're the man! I'll check back regularly to soothe the itch that says "just buy the cd version" lol.
Archant

Beitrag von Archant »

Ok, this is what you do the game.exe in the free dist. is the game_exe.exe that the game asks for so rename it to game_exe and make a new folder in game called code then one in code called release and move the game_exe there i put all my files there just to be safe. ok in the configs for the rwm it calls for the working directory to be /game so move the whole ss dir to game and it will work granted a kinda space eatting fix but it works.
oweng1980

Beitrag von oweng1980 »

Hello guys, how's all doing, kind of new in the forum and i really love sudden strike 2. I'm having also a problem regarding the game.exe. Im using RWM 6.71 mod, in a particular part of the campaign the game suddenly crashes the computer will tell that it encountered problems in the game_exe.exe and have to be closed. I'm using win xp sp3, i try to disable my anti-virus but the same thing happens the game still crashes and try to reinstall the game but the same thing happens. Hope you can help me guys, i really love this game.. Thank you so much
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

oweng1980 hat geschrieben:Hello guys, how's all doing, kind of new in the forum and i really love sudden strike 2. I'm having also a problem regarding the game.exe. Im using RWM 6.71 mod, in a particular part of the campaign the game suddenly crashes the computer will tell that it encountered problems in the game_exe.exe and have to be closed. I'm using win xp sp3, i try to disable my anti-virus but the same thing happens the game still crashes and try to reinstall the game but the same thing happens. Hope you can help me guys, i really love this game.. Thank you so much

Hi,

Does the crash occur always at the same point in time? If so, it is not unlikely that it is caused by the map itself. Compared to the original, RWM has several changed units classes, and unit parameters differ from class to class, so if parameters are missing or added this may bring the engine down = game.exe crash.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
bigbadwolf
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von bigbadwolf »

IIRC, there has been always a problem with original SS2 campaigns played in RWM.
ViaChicago

Beitrag von ViaChicago »

Hey Folks,

I'm new to the board and have been playing SS for years-- I just came across this mod and have successfully downloaded and installed it, yet I'm encountering both the "Insert Disc" error and the Game_Exe one after each map loads around 10%, if that. I know that these issues have come up several times before, but I figured I'd post again before PM'ing anyone. Thanks a lot in advance!
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“