multiplayer games show in the SS2ModSwitcher, but after....

An place for english questions !
Antworten
jordgent

multiplayer games show in the SS2ModSwitcher, but after....

Beitrag von jordgent »

HEY i need help with being able to play games online with RWM
i have the correct version. I'm able to launch the game. But if i join a multiplayer games, or try to, it won't show anything in the game list area....
what must i do?
mr.WujekDobraRada
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Re: multiplayer games show in the SS2ModSwitcher, but after.

Beitrag von mr.WujekDobraRada »

Hi. To play mp games you have to open ports in your router :
TCP 3389/3389
TCP 28800/28800
TCP 6073/6073
TCP 2300/2300
TCP 47624/47624
UDP 47624/47624
UDP 1900/1900
UDP 2350/2350
I think this is your problem (ports are blocked). What operation system do you have??( PPl with vista or win7 have sometimes problems with joining games ) but at first try to open ports.
jordgent

Beitrag von jordgent »

i think your right about that because we got this new internet and it works nice. but i cant play games like starcraft broodwar online. it wont let me download the maps when i enter a room.
problem is i never had to mess with stuff like that so i dont know what to look up or how to fix it.
could u tell me or link me somewhere?
by the way i have windows xp home
mr.WujekDobraRada
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von mr.WujekDobraRada »

Hi. If you can't download maps when you are inside a room, don't worry it happanes quite often. To get map you can use
option "get map via" in ss2 modswitcher (ms) {multiplayer-match host ip , should be blue color and press get map via ofcourse if it's allowed by the hoster. If you can't join room, you don't see the game then you have to open port as I said in last message (list of ports to open) . How to open ports. Just check your ip adress (start- "play, start it" in polish "uruchom" and write cmd (there should be blakc screen there write " ipconifg " and there you have your ip (all random gate , adress ip). If you know this ( I think you can even check the number of your ip on your router (it should be written somewhere) ) . Later open your browser and write in (http://www.sth....) the ip and press enter. There should be window and you have to write user name ( it's not alwayes requriment , if you don't know write nothing or admin ) and the password which should be known to you ( of course if your web is protected :wink: ). There you have to find "port forwarding" I think in security channel but it depends on router. There you have to open ports manually , it's easy you have the list of them there should be no problems. And then save changes and all should work fine. IF not you can switch off DMZ , but at first check ports. If it not helping then check out your antivir or firewall. But I am almost sure that after opening ports game will work fine. See you soon in game
greeting
wuja military18
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“