RWM 8.0 Beta for SSRW

An place for english questions !
Antworten
MadMan9800

RWM 8.0 Beta for SSRW

Beitrag von MadMan9800 »

Hi,

I've been looking at pics and vids of this mod and it looks wonderful but I am having trouble getting it to work. This is what I have been doing.

1. Install SSRW (i have SSRW v 2.3)
2. Download RWM 8.0 Beta from
http://shadock.chez-alice.fr/dl.htm
3. Extract RWM 8.0 to my SSRW folder

When i launch the mod swittcher and launch RWM and try to play campaign it says "error while exporting to game."

I have tried setting both the mod switcher and game.exe to windows nt mode but it did not help at all. When i extract the RWM 8.0, where should i put the files? In the SSRW directory or in a different directory? I've been placing it straight into my ssrw directory.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks you.
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Re: RWM 8.0 Beta for SSRW

Beitrag von Tijn »

Hi There,

RWM 8.0 is a standalone, that means that you don't need SSRW first.

Simply unpack the .zip file into an empty folder and you're good to go.

N.B. maps that work with the standard version of SSRW may not necessarily work in RWM, as there have been changes to unit classes etc., so only maps compiled in RWM itself will be guaranteed to work.

If you want to play multiplayer games, makes sure to read the instructions on firewall ports, network traffic boost etc. in the forum too.

Good luck & have fun.

MadMan9800 hat geschrieben:Hi,

I've been looking at pics and vids of this mod and it looks wonderful but I am having trouble getting it to work. This is what I have been doing.

1. Install SSRW (i have SSRW v 2.3)
2. Download RWM 8.0 Beta from
http://shadock.chez-alice.fr/dl.htm
3. Extract RWM 8.0 to my SSRW folder

When i launch the mod swittcher and launch RWM and try to play campaign it says "error while exporting to game."

I have tried setting both the mod switcher and game.exe to windows nt mode but it did not help at all. When i extract the RWM 8.0, where should i put the files? In the SSRW directory or in a different directory? I've been placing it straight into my ssrw directory.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks you.
MadMan9800

Re: RWM 8.0 Beta for SSRW

Beitrag von MadMan9800 »

Thank you, I guess it does work alone, I tried playing the Campaign and got error messeges but that's because there is no campaign for this mod right? The mod only comes with TWO maps though! Is there somewhere I can download more maps?

Also, when i used the editor and press the "test map" button I get the mesege "unknown avia desc" and the map doesn't load.

And, I made a map but when I save it as a single mission, launch the game, and select to play my map I get the messege "file not found hitsnames". This only happens when i try to play MY map. It works fine with the 2 regular maps that were originally included with the game. What causes this messege and how can i take care of this?
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“