Open Strike - Nachrichten

Allgemeine Infos zu Open Strike.
Antworten
SMIFFGIG

Re: Open Strike - Nachrichten

Beitrag von SMIFFGIG »

I don't know if anyone is still here. But if there are still interested people with C# or similar skills.

I think the OpenRA engine maybe worth a look
http://www.openra.net/

It is completely open source and actively being developed
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/

It will this year remake more complicated Isometric C&C Tiberian Sun game too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrt_m-xwbok

This could perhaps be used as a base for a Sudden Strike open source remake maybe?
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

SMIFFGIG hat geschrieben:This could perhaps be used as a base for a Sudden Strike open source remake maybe?
Such or other engine is basically useless, as the cornerstone is enough to use the library like SDL or so.

Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts. Sudden Strike remake = create an entire game from scratch.
Of course, already has passed some time and a lot of things can be simplified and programmed differently but regarding game mechanics it's very difficult.

I also think that it is necessary to go much deeper (for optimalization) in code than C# allows, so C/C++ is the only rational option.
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
yac
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von yac »

https://youtu.be/p-FO3PuWLy0

I think the only problem is that some dont like opensource...
int

Beitrag von int »

Last Soldier hat geschrieben: 23.01.2016, 04:29
SMIFFGIG hat geschrieben:This could perhaps be used as a base for a Sudden Strike open source remake maybe?
Such or other engine is basically useless, as the cornerstone is enough to use the library like SDL or so.

Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts. Sudden Strike remake = create an entire game from scratch.
Of course, already has passed some time and a lot of things can be simplified and programmed differently but regarding game mechanics it's very difficult.

I also think that it is necessary to go much deeper (for optimalization) in code than C# allows, so C/C++ is the only rational option.
Totally agree, I can help with SDL2 and C development. Unfortunately, I have no experience in game development, but have some experience in assembler, C, C++ (basics), python, lua and a little bit in SDL2 library :) What is the status of the Open Strike project? How can I contribute to it?
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

There is no Open Strike project, it's just chatting people on the forum :)

But check your PM.
int

Beitrag von int »

I have checked my PM, but found nothing :)
igor

Greetings

Beitrag von igor »

Hi, everyone.
I'm working for some time (realy long =) ) on ss2 port, some key features:
* ss2 resources and maps conversion for easy mods migration
* smooth (mean fps) perfomance and low system requirements (must work on cheap old office desktops)
* no frameworks or engines usage (easy-to-install, unzip and play, and the second reason - i'm doing it for educational and fun purposes, so write everything from scratch)
* language - C# (because i like it, and it's faster to develop) for most of the code, c++ for perfomance critical drawing parts

For today i have:
* All objects and basic map converters (from map sources, it was easier)
* Pretty fast and smooth display system, which support different backends (software - old school per pixel drawing, which allows to get low memory usage, and hardware - 2d using 3d methods, its fast in blending operations but uses a lot of memory), tested on weak desktops and it worked fine )
* Basic input system
* Basic bui system
* Basics of logics (for now there is one type of units in the game - soldier, and it can move across the map, avoiding obstacles) - without unit managment (controlled soldier is hardcoded)

So, current build (for windows, ALT F4 to exit) in attach, also a screenshot.
If somebody is still in this theme, we can try to cooperate )
Dateianhänge
gamescreen.png
gamescreen.png (3.02 MiB) 13482 mal betrachtet
Current.zip
(76.91 MiB) 929-mal heruntergeladen
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Great job, C#/C++ is good choice.
xiaofans

Re: Greetings

Beitrag von xiaofans »

igor hat geschrieben: 11.03.2018, 15:28 Hi, everyone.
I'm working for some time (realy long =) ) on ss2 port, some key features:
* ss2 resources and maps conversion for easy mods migration
* smooth (mean fps) perfomance and low system requirements (must work on cheap old office desktops)
* no frameworks or engines usage (easy-to-install, unzip and play, and the second reason - i'm doing it for educational and fun purposes, so write everything from scratch)
* language - C# (because i like it, and it's faster to develop) for most of the code, c++ for perfomance critical drawing parts

For today i have:
* All objects and basic map converters (from map sources, it was easier)
* Pretty fast and smooth display system, which support different backends (software - old school per pixel drawing, which allows to get low memory usage, and hardware - 2d using 3d methods, its fast in blending operations but uses a lot of memory), tested on weak desktops and it worked fine )
* Basic input system
* Basic bui system
* Basics of logics (for now there is one type of units in the game - soldier, and it can move across the map, avoiding obstacles) - without unit managment (controlled soldier is hardcoded)

So, current build (for windows, ALT F4 to exit) in attach, also a screenshot.
If somebody is still in this theme, we can try to cooperate )
Hi igor,
Thanks for your sharing and this is a very impressive work. Even though many years passed by after this message, I want to talk with you to see if you are still interested in working on open strike. Please let me know if we can cooperate to move it forward to a playable game.

My email: sunxfancy@gmail.com
Antworten

Zurück zu „Open Strike“