Tweaking game settings

Modding Werkzeuge / Modding Tools.
Antworten
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Tweaking game settings

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

After playing with units skins, I took a look at the game settings. We can tweak most of the units value :

Sight :

Bild

Bild

Increasing fire distance for artillery :

Bild

Health Point :

Bild

Bild
alteredbeast
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: Tweaking game settings

Beitrag von alteredbeast »

We can adjust the zoom out too in gamedata :
Bild

Bild

And, again in gamedata we can edit units to never despawn when dead (like the old Sudden strike games). For this, just edit the unit you want, scroll down and set infiniteWreck to 1 :wink:
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Firefriendly :
From 'DamageSystemPrototype'
friendlyProtectionDamage : 1
mecger

Beitrag von mecger »

Wow! Thats great! But, how do you get to these parameters? I think, I could start work on new version of my WW2 MRM mod ))
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

We are using a tool which can ectract and repack data game. You need to buy a license if you want to save modifications :

http://devxdevelopment.com/
Bernd_68

Beitrag von Bernd_68 »

Hello Monseigneur Casquebleu!

Thank you for explaining us how to adapt the game to our preferences. I have been reading around about modding Sudden Strike 4 and I wanted to ask you why is nobody using Unity for modding?

I have seen the tutorial videos from Kite-Games on how to use the Sudden Strike 4 editor. But it seems that the description is obsolete. I have tried it myself but I get a bunch of error-messages everytime.

What I am trying to do, is to adapt the size of the units and items. The following image shows the size of the original infantry on the right compared to cubes of 1 Meter length. It appeares that the soldier is about 2,5 m tall! On the middle I scaled him down, so he is about 2,0 m high with helmet on. On the left he is about 1,80 m with helmet on, which would be the right size for the game.
Size.png
Size.png (481.79 KiB) 11053 mal betrachtet
Maybe you can give me an advise on how to change the sizes of the game-items. I read so far that its best not to change the scale values in the files but to install corrected meshes.
Zuletzt geändert von Bernd_68 am 02.07.2019, 00:20, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Hi Mister Bernd :)

Why nobody's is working on Unity for modding ? Because you need to have some good knowledge to do it. I just tried to make a map but I could'nt finish it due to my lake of knowledge to Unity tool.

If you're working on the right size of infantry, maybe we can change it into the game. I tried to do it via file settings but I couldn't do it :?

You'll have to upload your image which is not displayed on the forum :wink:
Bernd_68

Beitrag von Bernd_68 »

Did you manage to install the mod package in unity without error messages or warnings?
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Well, I didn't reinstall it since a year so... :roll:
KlochkovaYana

Beitrag von KlochkovaYana »

Ich habe am Anfang eine Fehlermeldung erhalten. Später habe ich es als Administrator installiert und das Problem wurde gelöst. Jetzt spiele ich das Spiel reibungslos.
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Bernd_68 hat geschrieben: 01.07.2019, 11:36 Hello Monseigneur Casquebleu!

Thank you for explaining us how to adapt the game to our preferences. I have been reading around about modding Sudden Strike 4 and I wanted to ask you why is nobody using Unity for modding?

I have seen the tutorial videos from Kite-Games on how to use the Sudden Strike 4 editor. But it seems that the description is obsolete. I have tried it myself but I get a bunch of error-messages everytime.

What I am trying to do, is to adapt the size of the units and items. The following image shows the size of the original infantry on the right compared to cubes of 1 Meter length. It appeares that the soldier is about 2,5 m tall! On the middle I scaled him down, so he is about 2,0 m high with helmet on. On the left he is about 1,80 m with helmet on, which would be the right size for the game.

Size.png

Maybe you can give me an advise on how to change the sizes of the game-items. I read so far that its best not to change the scale values in the files but to install corrected meshes.
I've found how to scale soldiers in the game :aaa6

scale_soldiers.png
scale_soldiers.png (3.51 MiB) 7951 mal betrachtet
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Some tests with new scale :

Original scale
original.png
original.png (842.98 KiB) 7948 mal betrachtet
New scale
nouveau.png
nouveau.png (843.62 KiB) 7948 mal betrachtet
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Jagdpanther and Hetzer are now available for single player.

Jagdpanther_&_Hetzer.jpg
Jagdpanther_&_Hetzer.jpg (192.51 KiB) 7630 mal betrachtet
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sudden Strike 4 Modding (englisch / deutsch)“