Projekt RWM 8.5

Forum für die neue RWM Version 8.5 von MaYor, WUJA und Community.

Moderatoren: mayor02, Wuja

Ingwio
*S-S-M* - Chef
*S-S-M* - Chef
Projekt RWM 8.5

Beitrag von Ingwio »

deutsch:
Das Projekt RWM 8.5 von MaYor, WUJA und Community wird in den nächsten Tagen veröffentlicht.

english:
The RWM 8.5 project by MaYor, WUJA and Community will be published in the next few days.
Geschichte ist die Lüge, auf die man sich geeinigt hat.
Napoleon I. Bonaparte

Webmaster von:
Bild
Bild
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Re: Projekt RWM 8.5

Beitrag von Fäby »

Okay. Wow. :shock: New RWM 8.0 v4 and RWM 8.5? I am curious
Wuja
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Wuja »

Hey :)

There is a slight delay (we are almost done; we are trying to fix one bug).
RWM 8.5 will include wider range of objects/houses for map makers; new menu design; more sounds; some new units & solutions. Once relased all data will be more widely described.

For now we would like to collect editor files for maps you have made guys; if you have some & can send us we would be grateful. As in the game for now around 30 single player maps have been collected; that are working. Some though can not be run for instance map "prokhorovka"; if we had editor files, then we could fix erorrs so to include map as well.

Currently maps that are not working: Prokhorovka; Unternehmen Theseus (btw after 5 min); Battle of Berlin (by Nevux); Dyje 1945 .
Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

Hi,

I am already on the way since some days to create a new map for RWM 8.0 v4. Script and story is not done yet but map design is half finish. Is it possible without problems to get the raw map over to RWM 8.5? I hope so.
Greets Boli
Wuja
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Wuja »

Hey Boli military18 ,

All shall work fine, we have not changed any "old" order/sequence of how buildings & other objects are set. I recommend to you to wait a bit (as you will have a lot more stuff available in comparison to previous "object set"). We found the mistake and it is fixed, Mayor is compiling all, so very soon it shall be released.

Cheers military6 military12
Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

Hi Wuja,

ah ok so I will wait a bit. Up I was also reading something about sounds. What sounds are reckoned? Sounds to place on the map or driving sounds? Because when you have also played Sudden Strike Forever in the past. I can remember some sounds that I really missed much since Sust II came out. It was that "running in the snow-sound" in winter missions, some kind of a scrunchy sound when you walk in hard snow. And some sound of deep breathing, like beeing a bit out of breath after running (with an officer) in the german missions.
greets :o
Wuja
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Wuja »

Hey Boli :),

Regarding sounds for sure there are some special songs/phrases added to editor (so you can use as "phrase" while scripting); the other "hidden" part is for usage in MP. As far as I know some units have voices changed/shuffled (basing on some old stuff; but here Mayor would have to say more).
Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

Hi Wuja,

Besides opjects and sounds. Are there other differences to the other RWM 8.4 Version like shooting ranges? And I hope the foxholes are part of the objects like it is in the RWG Mod. I like to use them as recon spots in front of trenches. To the shooting ranges. In the older RWM Mods the Mg`s are having a much higher range than rifle men. I think that need to be changed.

Cheers
Boli :)
Comrade Kimo
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Comrade Kimo »

hopefully the modification is going to be released as soon as possible. We just need to look after some bugs
Zuletzt geändert von Comrade Kimo am 26.08.2021, 04:52, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Footage from the bloody frontlines on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/@Sudden_Strike_HQ_Kemo_Centeral

Bild

military9
tankattack

Beitrag von tankattack »

the first promotion was made on 30.08.2020. It's been a long time, you said a few days, and you don't even share 1 photo. Don't you think we waited too long?
Ingwio
*S-S-M* - Chef
*S-S-M* - Chef

Beitrag von Ingwio »

It was planned that way, but Mayor and colleagues found a few bugs and many maps are being revised for the new RWM. I can't say more at the moment.

War auch so vorgesehen, allerdings haben Mayor und Kollegen ein paar Fehler gefunden und viele Maps werden für den neuen RWM überarbeitet. Mehr kann ich im Moment auch nicht sagen.
Geschichte ist die Lüge, auf die man sich geeinigt hat.
Napoleon I. Bonaparte

Webmaster von:
Bild
Bild
Wuja
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Wuja »

Hey,

@Boli - sorry for the very late response (I am really sorry, I forgot about it); regarding gameplay we are not planning to apply much changes ( Barbarossa & Tijn did great job on that and that is actually the biggest advantage of RWM; multiplayer/singleplayer gameplay is awesome & hardly any new game can be compared with RWM from my point of view); MG shooting range higher than standard rifle is desireable (it looks more realistic, as mg would kill far more ppl than other weapons & at that ammunition is limited so it is not a "terminator"; you could go & do it different way of making ranges equal & chaning HP/Armor points but I do not think it is needed). What we think needs an update is mortar behavior (its impact on killing inf in the houses is way too high right now).

Regarding 8.5 please be patient. We are still wokring on that (there are going to be huge changes in many areas). I can tell you that you will have quite many characteristic/historical buildings for such heavy street fight battles as: Stalingrad/Berlin/Koenigsberg/Poznan/Kolberg. They are going to be added such way that you can create accurate historical battles ( by converting old ww2 maps or modern Satelite photos in editor - instruction on how to work on that will be included).
badger lowe
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von badger lowe »

Wuja hat geschrieben: 07.12.2020, 21:40 What we think needs an update is mortar behavior (its impact on killing inf in the houses is way too high right now).
Surely a mortar should be powerful against houses, as the shells can go through the roof and completely demolish the interior, especially High Explosive. Airburst mortars are generally anti infantry, Furthermore you can also have incendiaries and even gas but those were mostly used in world war one.

While irrelevant another thing to consider is that you could take the Fallscrumjager (Kar98k), and paint him green creating a new unit perhaps a Gebirgsjäger or a Panzergrenadier. I think it would be a nice graphic.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few
Wuja
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Wuja »

Regarding the infantry we have already finished that part; there are going to be some new units.
What concerns mortars. In general what you say is sound for small 1 floor (ground floor) houses, but in fact if you are to consider a house that has more than 1 floor then there is a problem, as ok if the roof is already gone then all shelling goes onto the top floor, but that floor is not going to be penetrated + you have walls around stopping shrapnel; so effect is limited (as all inf can be hyptohtically on the ground floor), and that is what I read I believe while searching data on certain street fight battles. You can test it in game right now. If you place let's say 16 ppl in a house; then after 1-2 shelling waves of 10 mortars or so; 12 inf are dead almost instantly; to me it makes no sense + destroys gameplay. The reason is they are being grouped as "minomet" but this group is not assigned in several files (once it is on, then you have to assign parameters to all units & chosen buildings in game or as we plan to make it just to change its classification; so it uses other data while having original animiation). If you go on & try to build some street fight map, then you give a player 5 mortars or so & he can win fast with little fight component; to me it is a bug, especially as 8.5 is greatly to support & give realism to street combat of WW2. Just some data from wiki (not best source though); on Stalingrad (Section Granatwerfer just in the city area); circa 900 pcs. Bild
Kräfteverhältnis (nach sowjetischen Angaben) am 13. September 1942 im Stadtgebiet von Stalingrad[32] Kategorie 62. Armee 6. Armee[33] Relation
Granatwerfer 150 760 1: 5
Comrade Kimo
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Comrade Kimo »

Wuja hat geschrieben: 23.12.2020, 14:58 Regarding the infantry we have already finished that part; there are going to be some new units.
What concerns mortars. In general what you say is sound for small 1 floor (ground floor) houses, but in fact if you are to consider a house that has more than 1 floor then there is a problem, as ok if the roof is already gone then all shelling goes onto the top floor, but that floor is not going to be penetrated + you have walls around stopping shrapnel; so effect is limited (as all inf can be hyptohtically on the ground floor), and that is what I read I believe while searching data on certain street fight battles. You can test it in game right now. If you place let's say 16 ppl in a house; then after 1-2 shelling waves of 10 mortars or so; 12 inf are dead almost instantly; to me it makes no sense + destroys gameplay. The reason is they are being grouped as "minomet" but this group is not assigned in several files (once it is on, then you have to assign parameters to all units & chosen buildings in game or as we plan to make it just to change its classification; so it uses other data while having original animiation). If you go on & try to build some street fight map, then you give a player 5 mortars or so & he can win fast with little fight component; to me it is a bug, especially as 8.5 is greatly to support & give realism to street combat of WW2. Just some data from wiki (not best source though); on Stalingrad (Section Granatwerfer just in the city area); circa 900 pcs. Bild
Kräfteverhältnis (nach sowjetischen Angaben) am 13. September 1942 im Stadtgebiet von Stalingrad[32] Kategorie 62. Armee 6. Armee[33] Relation
Granatwerfer 150 760 1: 5
yeah it makes no sense and sometimes the artillery could be so strong that it would kill the house (in the majority of the mods and games)
Zuletzt geändert von Comrade Kimo am 29.09.2021, 02:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Footage from the bloody frontlines on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/@Sudden_Strike_HQ_Kemo_Centeral

Bild

military9
Antworten

Zurück zu „RWM 8.5 für SS RW“