Balancing Thread in multiplay

An place for english questions !
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Balancing Thread in multiplay

Beitrag von Gojira »

Hey ^^
Here I´d like to start a discussion about balanced reniforcements in multiplay. Here youshould discuss about well balanced tank fights, so multiplay mapper had the opportunity,to make balanced reinforcements faster and they would have a basicall knowledge pool for scripting the reinforcements in a more balanced way...
Is a Su100 the right opponent for a Jagdpanther? Are 2 Tigers a good choice versus 1 Stalin 2 ? Name your duelling tanks of choice here in this thread.
Thank you,
Gojira
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

lol who sayed u that 2 tigers can be oponent of js 2??? that is the moust silly question hear until now!!!! is2 is a tank killer adn is 2 need 1 shoot to let a tiger with 100 at life adn tiger shoot once adn take from front armour 150 of his life so make a calcul :"2 tigers must soot 8 times to kill js2/??it looke balance for u?? my advice is to play more often other maps then kleist maps@!he has a starnge vison in script maps and u enter in his weird circle!!!
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

adrian hat geschrieben:lol who sayed u that 2 tigers can be oponent of js 2??? that is the moust silly question hear until now!!!! is2 is a tank killer adn is 2 need 1 shoot to let a tiger with 100 at life adn tiger shoot once adn take from front armour 150 of his life so make a calcul :"2 tigers must soot 8 times to kill js2/??it looke balance for u?? my advice is to play more often other maps then kleist maps@!he has a starnge vison in script maps and u enter in his weird circle!!!
Whenever Kleist uses Stalin IIs, he either pits them against a King Tiger or other stuff like a Jagpanther + Jagdpanzer and maybe a Nashorn.
On Goldap he has 3 Stalin IIs vs 1 King Tiger, which is fair.

Maybe YOU should play Kleist maps more often. :roll:
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

Well, that´s why started this thread^^ To discuss and to find maybe some extravagant ways to make duells between the rwm-tanks. I set 4Tigers versus 2 Stalins on my map... and the germans won in the end! But i agree that Stalin 2 is too strong versus the tigers and i need to rearrange the last reinforcements... We were a bit lucky...

BTW: This setting had nothing to do with Kleist! I made the scripting of the reinforcements all by myself and the people liked the map. I will change the last reinf. and maybe I can see you on my map then-you will see there is another style of reinforcements and I had tough battles with cokdog^^
Iwanna find a way to make reinforcements in my own style...and as far as I can say: it worked till now. I had only positive feedback and nobody cried it was unbalanced...

P.S.: Kleist has its own way of scripting reinforcements. I like his way really and many of the best games i ever played, were on his maps. Nonetheless i want my own script on my own maps... On my map there are much more tanks (heavy ones too) and much more infantry. There have to be different styles of scripting and reinforcements- if every map was scripted the same way- omg how boring rwm would be...
I know already that a tiger is no matchfor a stalin 2- but to simply set a kingtiger for them seemed to boring to me. And i set the last reinforcements of the russians this way, as I thought about the strenghened german units in beta3- i tried to balance it this way a bit... As i saw, this was not necessary, the russians were strong enough and had less tank losses as I thought. Thats why I will change the last reinf of the map....

Greetz
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

well if u want to be original in maps scripting do it in a smart way and i will give ex if u want:1 tiger vs 6 sherman 1 !if u want to respect some historical battle.
before script a map i give u advice go and test units and i mean shoot in all tanks with all weapons!!!then script and dont script after ur ears and say :yeah a js 2 its a good oponent for tiger !olol :lol: js 2 its good vs King tiger and 3 js 2 its not so good vs kt. the real balance for this is 2 js 2+isu 152 because if germ lose kt from ma jagdbomber then ussr will have a hughe advantage
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Roy »

The balance depends always on the map, and on the number of "units per meter". If its an open map, the KT and Elephant are much weaker then on maps where you have a strict frontline.
You can easily set an IS 2 against an Jagdpanther on some map, or perhaps against Tiger + PzJg Guderian/Ente
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

here is the right liste in my opinion and its very often used:
Kt vs 2 js 2+isu 152
elephant vs js 2
tiger vs js 1
1 panther vs 1 t 34 85+1 kw 85
1 panther vs 1 t 34 85 (43)+1 t 34 85(44)
jagdpazner vs su 85
jagdpanther vs su 100
nahsorn vs su 100
pz4 vs t 34 76 and i dont eneter in details with models its ur choice to made this
And if u want a fair game u must make a battle between tanks destroyers with fix gun and tanks with turrets ;there are soem exception but if u use jagdpanther +jagdpanzer vs 2 t 34 85+kw 85 then u are a dumie newb and dont know anything about balancing games.
But if u want to make a historical battle and u want to respect in a measure of 90% units and all stuff its other problem .i like hitorical maps but if u make one do it with head not impossibile maps or silly maps and if i remember allies was superior in nr of tanks against power of germans tanks and dont put ever TIGER VS 2 SHERMAN 1 !!! LOL PS.U know what i mean
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Welcome, Langemarck.
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

Lamafarmer hat geschrieben:Welcome, Langemarck.
wrong!!!try more
let me guess :KUEBEL?
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

Thanks for your explanations Adrian. Yesterdy i xhanged the last reinf of my map. The final reinf consists of 4 Tigers vs 4 Stalin1. Guess this is a bit better than the way it was before...
Thanks for your list, very interesting and quite as i thought and set the tanks on my map.
It´s not a historical map- disneyland wasn´t ever a battlefield yet... ^^
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Ah, sorry Lange if you read this, I got you confused with ssackalu.
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

Gojira hat geschrieben:...
It´s not a historical map- disneyland wasn´t ever a battlefield yet
shit, you destroyed my illusions! :(

btw, i don't like JS2. so that was a great choice to remove it. :D
grüße Stephan

Bild
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

Only guy who made historical map from rwm i mean multyplayer map is Mike 1199 and i give u soem ex: HKL-Kursk a briliant map 8) and batlle of Ardens! in rest i didint see historical maps just fictive maps
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

HKL-Kursk is semi-historical. T-34/85, SU-85 etc. were not in "Zitadelle".
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

-Barbarossa- hat geschrieben:HKL-Kursk is semi-historical. T-34/85, SU-85 etc. were not in "Zitadelle".
yes but map is good thinked u know how is set reinf and all scenario germ start in U shape:D and dynamic of the map is very good !
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“