An place for english questions !
Antworten
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Take a look ;)

Beitrag von Gojira »

Look at this: http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/phpB ... highlight=

Tijn (Panzermaja) and some others are right now working on the graphical evolution of RWM ^^
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

If this forum is censored for swearwords I think I'll get banned because it was that good, I reckon this is the future, sod SS3 we'll all just play RWM 6.7 Betas for the rest of our sudden strike lives...

RWM rules. FACT.
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
-=Slyder=-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
Beitrag von -=Slyder=- »

LT albrecht hat geschrieben:If this forum is censored for swearwords I think I'll get banned because it was that good, I reckon this is the future, sod SS3 we'll all just play RWM 6.7 Betas for the rest of our sudden strike lives...

RWM rules. FACT.
There is a wordlist for banned words. I'm not sure that somebody was banned because those words.
.:SLYDER:.

Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Obviously English swearwords aren't on that list (well, I did use my swearwods positively...) I reckon that the work they're doing on the new scheme is great and they got the cornfield idea of Tijn working!!!
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Hey! Where'd all those posts go?
-Barbarossa-

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Well, they were totally OFF-TOPIC and far away from any efficiency.
I deleted them and now back to topic, gentlemen.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Ok... I suppose... anyway the corn looks excellent, if only there was a way for infantry to be out of view when laying down in them, it's probably not possible but if you can do it it'd be appreciated I think (by me at least) as you really can't see someone if they lay down in a cornfield.
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

the engine ... not possible i assume. :(

when layed down the inf should be "invisible" as long as you dont move the mousecursor near them. a nice effect... but nothing more.
anyway it's great work and one of the things i really look forward to see it ingame! :)
thx for the work!
grüße Stephan

Bild
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

I like it.If you check most of the imagery in russia for example in the battle of kursk ,prokhorovka etc you see many wheat fields up to a metre high or more.With small forests and streams on small slopes or mounts.
About game performance i suppose it works both sides ...If you soldier is on the ground lying in a tall wheat field he cant see nor he cant be seen.
I also think as I said in another thread in the english forum there is a lot off stuff in the "island maps" especialy in vegetation and vertical horizontal objects just never been used which could be transfered ( i suppose ) to summer or winter maps.I dont mean the palm trees heheh.
i made a small map once for a german russian battle using entirely all the ground and vegetation from a "island map" except palm trees ( I couldnt add civilian buildings as they where all arab or oriental) but the outcome looked like any countryside is the centre of russia in a hot summer and best of all nobody noticed it !!!
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Cool, I reckon you're right about importing textures from the island scheme which don't get used, I hardly ever use more than four (PWM) and there must be dozens available. I agree with your proposal.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

I am working on a big map of Prokhorovka (damm complicated russian,i hope i spelled it correctly) based on a map i found through Osprey.It is a 516x516 and might just wait for the next beta.
Any idea when it is going to be released?
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

viriato hat geschrieben:I am working on a big map of Prokhorovka (damm complicated russian,i hope i spelled it correctly) based on a map i found through Osprey.It is a 516x516 and might just wait for the next beta.
Any idea when it is going to be released?
As I remember maxim is 512x512 and if u waite next beta maybe u will waite 1 year :lol:
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

of course adrian .it is nice to see you like correcting mistakes and anyway it is a big map and i dont hurry .i do it when I feel like it and i might finish it in a year or so :lol:
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“