Balancing Thread in multiplay

An place for english questions !
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Hi again.
here are some questions i would like to ask the veterans.
I am making a map involving airfields.
If i were to use a junker ju-87 rudelstuka37mm what is its match for russian side? and for the henshel hs 129 bk 75mm?
if i use as assault tank the brumbaer any match for russians? and for the atrtillery sig .33 aufpl 150mm.
waiting for an answer yours.. :)
FXH
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von FXH »

The Ivans have their IL-2 sturmovik (equipped with rockets?) as an equivalent of both Stuka and Henschel.
As for the Brummbaer, try SU-122. Same for Sig33 w/e.
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Just consider ONCE NOT to balance everything 1:1. The Brummbär might have a good range, but it also has a fixed turret and is very vulnerable. To destroy it, you might want to consider letting the Russians sacrifice one or two tanks to take it out, if they really have to..
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Thanks for the tips. and what about if i use the ferdinand without using the staling 2?.What is the best reduced choice .you see I am making a prokhorovka map but the stalins didnt come in till later in the war.I am alreadt using the staling 1 plus su 85 for the tiger.historically the ferdinand in the battle were bogged down by bad tracks and weight and easly ambushed by infantry and AT soldiers.they didnt have any machine guns either.But for game purpose i would rather be more flexible....any suggestions?
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Got a screenshot of the map in its current status? Possibly with some zeppeline spots?
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Lamafarmer hat geschrieben:Got a screenshot of the map in its current status? Possibly with some zeppeline spots?
heres the map and a sight of airfield.more than 170000 objects and tested it yesterday with "pingas" in a multiplayer match.still needs a brush but works
Dateianhänge
PR.jpg
PR.jpg (381.53 KiB) 6630 mal betrachtet
AIRFIELD.JPG
AIRFIELD.JPG (211.03 KiB) 6630 mal betrachtet
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Looks good, although I kinda dislike the fields now. :D
Since the map's very open, correct me if I'm wrong, I'd say you can either give some artillery, some planes or a small horde of T-34s, including some of the OT-34s with the flamethrower.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

I found a way to make weat a bit better just scatter it instead of making heaps.I agree it sometimes a bit too much. about the units thre is a various lot but mainly tanks not tankhunters frrom small to big but not many big guns.You still havent anwered my queston about the ferdi :D
Dateianhänge
weat3.JPG
weat3.JPG (187.17 KiB) 6613 mal betrachtet
weat2.JPG
weat2.JPG (209.91 KiB) 6613 mal betrachtet
weat.JPG
weat.JPG (211.93 KiB) 6613 mal betrachtet
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Use some shadows on the ground where no free objects etc are.
And yes I did answer your question. It was a response to the Ferdinand.
FXH
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von FXH »

You can fill the gaps between that yellow thing on the ground by adding sand, by brush. Also, the map generally looks impressive from above, however, some more of the different types of fields wouldn't hurt.
I presume it's a 512 map, isn't it?
Also, to balance the Ferdinands you can provide the Ruskis with some extra OT-34-76 tanks, which can ambush the big animals and make them burn :D
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Thanks for the tips you 2,sorry lama i didnt realize you were talking about ots for the ferd.But how many? 2? 3?.One big problem in the map is that the further you go advancing the longer it takes to get your reinf from gates giving advantage to enemy.but thats part of the joy,hehehe i suppose.here is a supposition: In the editor if I name one soldier say for germans A1 instead of A0 and in Group box i tell him to come out gate A would this force the the entire german reinf to always come out the gate or would it crash or nothing would happen? :wink:
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

Are u sure js1 and su85 was used so early cos i think if u name a map like that then maybe try to make realistic script also.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

That would be great if it were possible but not in this situation .you can make an historical adaptation. I know there were no stalins at the time.
the russians had t34s and the strongest thing i think was the kv they even used lend churchils and shermans.If this was going to be an exact recreation of the battle you would need in the first place a model scaled version of the land ,we are talking about maybe 80km ,I do not want to go on but imagine how many t34 you would need to fight tiger panzer elefant and the lag reasons caused also
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Ok, here are my five cents.

Balance ratios for 1942 North-Africa themed maps:

Teams: Germany vs GB:

Pre-El Alamein:
PzIV F2 + Pz III J + Marder II = M4 Lee + Matilda + Stuart (+20 exp)

Pz III F + Panzer III J (-10 exp) + Marder II = 2 x Stuart + Matilda (+10 exp)

Pz III J + Pz III F + Stug IIIB = 3x Stuart\

During and after El alamein:

M4 Sherman = Pz III F2

2 x Crusader + Churchill = 2 x Pz IV F2 + Pz III J.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“