Some questions from new RWM players

An place for english questions !
[bfn] jarno
Some questions from new RWM players

Beitrag von [bfn] jarno »

Hello All,
I'm Jarno of BFN clan. As clan we born 4 years ago and our carriere started with APRM4, then continue with HS1 and then HS2. Now we tried this mod RWM 6 and we all remain good sensationed from this mod.

Whereas we are trying from few days this game, we have few questions to ask you:

1) I saw Editor of RWM and there are not specified of tanks (shot damage and armour front/side/rear) like can saw in HS2 editor; is there a "units table specified" for tanks, artilleries of this game? I think is a necessary knowledge that a player have to do.

2) I saw many maps edited, but is possible that not all are "good maps". Is there a "map pack" approved by community? I explain me better... I'm talking about a map pack with maps that are recognized as "good balanced territory and nations" by almost all.

Our interest for this game appear strong, so we'ld change game, from HS2 to RWM.

3) Are there something else/more we have to know about RWM Community?

THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

(p.s: I'm italian, if you mean to edit other version of the RWM (after that 6.71) maybe I can help you with the rectify about the name of italian units; some of there are in "inexact" italian language :))

I found in the net also a good guide for newbie; for that and for other things you consider important, I would be happy to do a translate in italian language just to help RWM community to expand his orizont :)

BYE ALL, thanks for your time.

[BFN] JARNO
www.clan-bfn.com
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

Hi! Welcome to RWM :wink:

1) http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/phpB ... php?t=7335
i suppose that's what you were looking for, was it?

2) Just watch the Multiplayergames in the Mod Switcher everyday around 1900 to 2000. The maps you see quite often are good :wink: One of the best Mappacks are the Kleist Maps. You can find them at strategicgames:
http://www.strateticgames.de/maps/inclu ... =RWM%206.7

Most of the Multiplayermaps cannot be downloaded on a specific page,just watch open games with a [MS]. Klick at Download via [MS].

3) I dunno, read the newbie guide... :roll: I haven't played HS2 long enough to tell you specific differences.
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
kopfabhassan
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant
Beitrag von kopfabhassan »

Hi Jarno,
its not really possible to say which maps are the best balanced maps.
Every player have an other mind from balancing.
But what safran say the maps from kleist are very good but they are not normal balanced, they are more tactical and have every time arty and pioneers.And the most maps what the community is playing are rusher maps without all things what can prevent a rush. But you must try which mapstyle you more like.
And sorry for then bad italian names i have translate it with a friend(he is from italia but lives in germany).
I hope we see your clan now more on the battlefield :)

One last thing,
what player from your clan try to play RWM?
Zitate:

1.oder mit das Programm 2.ich komm nicht wieter Merdè 3.ich bekomme das nicht zum leufen (Final) 4.und wer bis du den für einer
auch so einer wie Lamafarmer wen ja da gut nacht Deutschland 5.Aber keiner war mal in einen La Guerre 6.Ich kaufe das nicht für 49,95 ,für ein 10 ja 7.ich mach kein kampf mit die ok8.Dein Deutsch ist ok 9.nicht den scheiss Forever der ist Mühl , Merdè HS2 ist genau richtig und besser als RWM 10.Schlauchboote wahrum nicht toole idee Danke11.@ kopf ab
und das ist dein Oder für den Forumwechter
[bfn] jarno
Thanks for you answers

Hello All,
at first, thanks for your fast answers.

FOR KOPF: Our clan will play first battles in these days, at the moment we tried the game only in "private" test-battles, to have the first contact with new game. For tomorrow we fix a battle "into BFN" to have the real first no-practice game :) we'll see.

Thanks also to who answer me about "tanks table" and maps.
I download that files, but about "tanks table" I am not able to read datas; can someone explain me how this data can help me to understand the ability of every tanks?
For example... armour of each: how I can see from what shots is vulnerable or not? Shots of tanks: how I can see what armour can damage seriously and what not? The armour of tanks is the same front/side/rear? Where I can see this data?

Sorry for my more questions, but it would be good for me to understand that "bible" :)

Last thing (light): is there a RWM icon image to set in my desktop on the swithcer exe? :P

BYE

[BFN] JARNO
www.clan-bfn.com
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major

I don't know exactly how to use that tables i gave you.
In fact I don't need them.
In Real Warfare Mod every tank deals damage as realistic as it can be.
A Tiger can kill a T34 with one shot. But late Versions of the T34 had better armour and better guns and cannot be destroyed by a single shot.

If you know the historical data, you will know most of RWM-data. :wink:

No problem with your questions, that's why we are here :P
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
[bfn] jarno
OK

OK, about "tanks table" I found also another file (written for RWM 6.6) that maybe is easier to understand. I know that the mod is changed to 6.7 but I think is a valid starting point :)

About maps, I personally like strategic maps, to do long battles... I, and my clan too, not like so much the "rush game", that's the reason we mean to left HS2.

At the moment my questions end :) but I hope to count on you if we have some problems or others questions about RWM.

BYE & THANKS.

[BFN] Jarno
www.clan-bfn.com
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

Welcome to the community jarno :D
Always good to see new mates here^^ RWM is still alive, I did a long pause from the game and was astonished how many people still play, seems even more are online than at the time I quit...
If I understood correctly, you offered to translate the "RWM Newbie Guide" into italian? If so, I would be extremely thankfull.

Ã
[bfn] jarno
Yes

Hello Gojira,
you understand good :) It will be easy for me translate the Newbie Guide into italian, I wrote something similar for HS2 in bfn website, but it was not a newbie guide but just a "first step" for new players into game like this (options, controls and little basic tattics).

I want to create a section in bfn website which talk about RWM also. It required time, but surely I have to do :) Updating this, I'll translate the newbie guide into italian if I have the permission of the author.

Yesterday we played a BFN battle (3v3) trying RWM for first time. We have a good impression. We'll continue to test the game also in multiplayer switcher mode.

See you soon!

[BFN] JARNO
www.clan-bfn.com
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

The Author even pleases you to translate the guide :P

I know, that Sudden Strike, and especially RWM can be quite frustrating when trying to start multiplayer sessions- but its worth it.
RWM has developed impressively, graphically we made a huge jump by help of the "RWM East Front Summer" Sheme (thanks to Barbarossa and Tijn), which adds a lot of new textures and objects to the game:
http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/phpB ... =woodstock

Ususally, you dont need to download the maps to take part in multiplayer games, just use the button "ms" in the multimod switcher, and you can download the map directly from the host. Sometimes people forget to activate the "ms" feature, then you can download it, when entering the "joining room" where the players wait for the start of the match- but this method is slower.

Welcome to RWM Universe- We long waited for some italian allies ;)
Good luck
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major

Gojira is the author of the "Newbie-Guide" :wink:
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

maps

Beitrag von adrian »

Well saying that kleist maps are the best is not so profesional opinion i can say a little subejective ;Gojira,Hassan and rest of ur gang :wink:
Ur clan will see maps from other players who are made it in different ways and u can apreciate how "rushers" are .
For them rushers maps are because they cant handle and amount of units in short time and "camping maps a la Kleist are named strategic and balance" :lol:
There are so many maps and map makers right now and i can recomand some maps:Nick maps are good balanced Sturm map also very good legendary i can say it :Orel,Wolchow last one is the best strategic map ever made it ;u can play it over 4 hours and if u want a historical map i recomand u Stalingrad and Omaha and Arad made it by me Sack:) 8)
But is optional i am not saying are the best like Gojira u will decide this :wink:
BTW: i will be off 8 mounths have fun in rwm:D
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

As in ingame chat: Sad to hear u are gone for 8months soon.

Yeah the good old map style discussion ^^ I prefer maps, where you can keep the overview of our units, where 2 Panthers can be decisive for the match result, where u got to keep well attention fo your tanks.

Time by time I like those "mass destruction" maps also, but in the bottom line I like Kleist style most :D
[bfn] jarno

Don't worry! We'll try BOTH! :) :P

Personally I like maps both with few units both with much, but the very important things that if these maps are balanced!

After a little period of test, will be easy understand how these maps are created and, upon all, how are balanced.

Thanks again, BYE!

[BFN] JARNO
www.clan-bfn.com
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich
Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

Benvenuti jarno

There are 2 tables (bible) (Exell & Word) different & complementary. In general, up grading with new RWM versions
(but on same links and same if the names are always RWM 6.6)

- http://voila-01.site.voila.fr/fichiers/ ... eau_UK.zip (Exell)
- http://voila-01.site.voila.fr/fichiers/ ... 6.7_UK.doc (Word)
more information on this table in my RWM site in Download section (and links on free Microsoft viewers for Exell & Word)
- http://shadock.chez-alice.fr/dl.htm

and more information on genarality RWM units (above all) in at the bottom of Word table.

"In general" for the tanks in RWM (often like that the majority in reality...) more the armor face are thick, more the side and back are proportional.
And often too, more armor is proportionaly thick with the "tonnage" and proportionaly with its "life points" (and the speed of losing of this points)

(Examples to do lie that, but is not the majority)
1 Example : the armor sides of Tiger 1 (56 ton - 1941) are better to protect than the sides of Pz IV (28 ton) ... logical...
But the JS2 (46 tons - 1944) better than a T1, because better profiled (rounded...) armor and with a more recent steel in year in WW2.

2 ex : JS2 (46 tons) & Tiger 2 (KT) (70 tons) have the same "life points" (1600), but the JS2 losing more rapidly that points than the KT (for a same ennemy gun, of course) and JS2 have a side armor proportionaly less good than the KT, because the KT haved largely more armor thick than the JS2 (same if in the reality, and I dont think to take into consideration in RWM ;) , the KT haved a bad steel quality...)

Other exemple between JS2 & KT in RWM
- static guns : 85 mm USSR, 17 pdr & 94 mm GB, 90 mm USA, are not effective on KT of face but effective on face on JS2... you read that in my Word table

That it's for RWM special feature, but the reality is more, more complicated... (but a fiew to be taken into consideration in RWM)...
armor angle, armor profile (rounded...), armor quality (good steel or not... often in fonction to year)... and surely other considerations (some armors were to treat "anti-penetration")

shadock
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
[bfn] jarno

Hello,
thanks for all. I saw the "tanks table" but it is not so easy to understand. I saw that your work is great, but how can I read this data?

Maybe I wrong, but I have in my mind a table like this we did for HS2:
http://www.clan-bfn.com/Hidden%20Stroke ... 0TANKS.zip

In this is easy to see the armour value front/side/rear and the performance of the shot of every tanks: for example if performance shot data is 80 and the armour value data is 90, this shot not damage the tank target.

If a player experienced can distinguish tanks and their potentials, i think he need also to know exactly the power of them.

Sorry me for ask more infos... :) but I need knowledge :lol:

Thanks for all you did to answer me :wink:

BYE!

[BFN] JARNO
www.clan-bfn.com
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“