How to install RWM 6.71 for the new SuSt2 DVD Version

An place for english questions !
Antworten
Kasper
Mannschaften
Mannschaften
How to install RWM 6.71 for the new SuSt2 DVD Version

Beitrag von Kasper »

Install RWM 6.71 on the new store version of Sudden Strike 2.

In Germany you can buy a DVD called Sudden Strike Universe. I guess in Russia, the name of this DVD is Sudden Strike Platinum or something else. The publisher put Sudden Strike 1 + Addons, Sudden Strike 2 + Addons and Sudden Strike Ressource War on this DVD for 10€.

When you will install Sudden Strike 2 on your PC, to install and play the famous RealWarefareMod (RWM 6.71), you might have troubles to run the mod. Maybe you get the message:

Can't load sudtest.ini

or

game.exe not found

or

Cant load n2menu_dll.dll

The new DVD SuSt Universe install the folders in an diffrent way as the older CD-Roms of the year 2002. You had to fix something in the follow way. *...o mann, mein englisch ist echt beschissen... :roll:

I.
Create a complete new folder for your SuSt2 RWM game, name it perhaps: SS2fRWM

II.
In that new folder you copy the -anied folder and the -editor folder. Copy it, don't shift/move it.

III.
Create in the SS2fRWM folder the folders -game and -uninstall.

IV.
Copy the uninstall.exe from SuSt2 into the unistall folder of your SS2fRWM

V.
Copy the game.exe from \code\release folder of SuSt2 into the main folder SS2fRWM

VI.
Also the SuddenStrike2 knotting, linking, tying data... -i don't know the right word for "Stapelverarbeitungsdatei". It's a small 1kb data, with a bolt or srew as symbol.

VII.
Copy in your game folder of SS2fRWM the folders -code, -maps, - misc, -plr and -xchng

VIII.
Now mark all datas, not folders, the datas from the SuSt 2 main folder and copy them into your -game fodler in SS2fRWM

IX.
Copy (don't shift, move!) again the game.exe from your main folder of SS2fRWM in the game folder.

X.
Install RWM 6.7 in your main folder SSfRWM, start the multimodswitcher and be lucky!

XI.
Install also the bugfix RWM 6.71, because multiplayer games would crash, if you did'nt do it. click fixconfig and fight!

Gruß
Kasper
Dendro
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Dendro »

VI.
Also the SuddenStrike2 knotting, linking, tying data... -i don't know the right word for "Stapelverarbeitungsdatei". It's a small 1kb data, with a bolt or srew as symbol.
This kind of file is called "batch file". It has the ending .bat

All in all very nice work, Kasper. I guess you'll help many guys out there, who suffer the same problems! ;)
Hier gilt es, Schütze, deine Kunst zu zeigen.
Das Ziel ist würdig und der Preis ist groß.
- aus F. Schillers "Wilhelm Tell"
VIRA
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von VIRA »

hello I tried the installation, but I need precision because the switcher makes me the following message: "list index out of bounds (-1)"

an idea of my error for have this message?

in step No. 6 in which folder you find the "Stapelverarbeitungsdatei"?

in step No. 8 when you write that "mark" what does this mean?

thank you to answer my few questions :wink:
VIRA
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von VIRA »

yes it works for windows xp but not with vista ... an idea to fix it?
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Beitrag von GeorgiSchukow »

It works well with Vista too - 32 Bit-Version.
VIRA
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von VIRA »

Yes it's ok! maybe i have made a wrong things ... thx :wink: :D but it doesn't work with the fixbug patch
Zuletzt geändert von VIRA am 31.08.2008, 17:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“