Battle of Berlin 1945

An place for english questions !
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Viriato.,

Your map looks nice and accurate. Could you please send it to my email adress: nevux@hotmail.com?

Several images of the most up to date version of the map.

Bild

Bild

Bild

The jagdtiger is purely decorative...abandoned, damaged, out of ammo and inaccessible
Bild
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

i send youhere the map and missions ...Discard the missions as they are obsolete .unzip the mapin your editors file but remeber it is a rwm 6.5 if i recall so some of the textures willnot appear and cliffs are erased
Dateianhänge
map.064.zip
(283.3 KiB) 300-mal heruntergeladen
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

Its amazing how fast you're with mapping :D
And it looks really good :wink:
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Another screen...
Panther is supposed to be purely decorative.
Bild

The soviet reinforcements cross the Spree river through a brigde that must be defended at all costs. Losing this bridge will prove to be a disaster, as new reinforcements will not be able to enter the city.

The main objective for the german player is to halt the russian advance, push them back, and destroy the bridge.

The germans in turn must make sure that the government building (note this is no longer the Reichstag, rather some random, fictional building) is not lost to the russians. The flag near the government building will provide a tremendous amount of reinforcements to the soviet player, rendering further effort by the german player futile.
Effectively, this means that ones this flag is lost, the german player can no longer win the game.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Nice but you may have a "typical problem" pray to god the germans come out the right side or flag!!!!.I suppose bottom left or right .as your vital bridge is near the west or south west.Imagine they come out east and have tofight their way to the vital way....
I amhaving the same problem .In multyplayer maps the side you come out is a raffle.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Sorry I meant the other way around
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Bild.
basic city plan is almost done.

Panzerturm. It's surrounded by debris and rubble so it can't move. It's readily accessible to infantry though, so it effectively represents a panzerturm.
Bild

A small, downtown factory, SS-baracks and an abandoned tiger behind a wall of rubble (also purely decorative)
Bild
kackspecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
Beitrag von kackspecht »

Looks promising . :)
In a (singleplayer) version of that map you could send squadrons of B-17 bombers to bomb the city at predefined points.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

viriato hat geschrieben:Nice but you may have a "typical problem" pray to god the germans come out the right side or flag!!!!.I suppose bottom left or right .as your vital bridge is near the west or south west.Imagine they come out east and have tofight their way to the vital way....
I amhaving the same problem .In multyplayer maps the side you come out is a raffle.
There is no logical distribution of starting positions? I thought gates were coupled according to alphanumerical order, ie. 1 being appointed to A, 2 to be, etc, with 3 being a lower-priority alternative for 1, 4 for 2, etc.
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

Nice but you may have a "typical problem" pray to god the germans come out the right side or flag!!!!.I suppose bottom left or right .as your vital bridge is near the west or south west.Imagine they come out east and have tofight their way to the vital way....
I've encountered this problem every time i'm doing a multiplayer map.
You may have to recompile the map several times before it's fitting your idea. :wink:
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
Jack
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Jack »

Player one (Germans)
Player two (Japanese)
Player three (British)
Player four (American)
Player five (Russian)

That is the gate order, so if you want British troops to enter the battle at a specific side use gate C. On my Arnhem map designed for British and German play only the Brits come out one side through 'C' the germans the ohter through 'A'. Team number does not matter, only player and gate order in the editor...i am learning fast with this editing lark!

looks a real good map
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

So, i assume that if the gates do not match the selected nations, distribution will proceed randomly, correct?\

Thanks for the help guys.
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

in singleplayer they come how you set it in script, from each gate can come reinf from all "nations" (player/enemy/neutral/)
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Player one (Germans)
Player two (Japanese)
Player three (British)
Player four (American)
Player five (Russian)

That is the gate order, so if you want British troops to enter the battle at a specific side use gate C. On my Arnhem map designed for British and German play only the Brits come out one side through 'C' the germans the ohter through 'A'. Team number does not matter, only player and gate order in the editor...i am learning fast with this editing lark!

looks a real good map
Are you sure? would it work say 5v5 only 2 nations Germany vs russia and I want the germans to come out from the west ?gate A on the left so I assume and what about the other 4 from the same team ? I had a real problem wanting to make a semi historical map where the germans needed to come through the west corner
tgajr
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Existing Berlin maps

Beitrag von tgajr »

Are you familiar with the 2 existing Berlin maps? One is just called Berlin, the other is Battle for the Reichstag.

These might be good to look at as examples.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“