An place for english questions !
Antworten
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Error: dupmask 40_1

Beitrag von nevux »

Hello,

Could anyone tell me why an error message that says 'dupmask 40_1' is consistently being prompted when loading my mp-map?

It appears during the start-up of a multiplayer game, but does not result in a crash-to-desktop or abortion of mission initialization. Since I haven't experienced any irregularities ingame it's not that big of a deal, still I'm wondering what's causing it.
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Its has something to do with the zeppelins. Maybe if you forgot to assign the reinforcements for one zeppelin.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
schneefuchs
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von schneefuchs »

Try to find the place 40,1 which are coordinades of the map... easy to find if you place a unit, the numbers on the side of the unit are the coordinades.

Maybe its a point of zep or gates. i had this error on my last mp-map and found no resolution. only a new mission of the same typ removed the bug.

mfg
schnee
RWM - lest we forget!
- a.D. schneefuchs

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks,

Schneefuchs, I already did that, but 40_1 didnt seem to correspond with a particular object or unit, just some terrain texture.

it doesn't really matter as I will completely redesign the mission anyway, since the current version is lacking with respect to unit experience and balance.

I was just curious as to what causes this type of error.

Thanks again for the help guys!
Jack
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Jack »

i had that when doing my mission, i think it is either too many zeps or you have or have not assigned reinforcements correctly for a zep. Double check your scripting, i noticed a few mistakes when i went back and checked it all on mine.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks for your replies.

I haven't found any time to check my script yet, but it would really surprise me if this indeed turns out to be the case, as the error occured seemingly spontaneously.

I do not recall having applied any changes to the settings for the reinforcements, nor did I add or remove any zepps before encountering the error for the first time.

As for the precise description of the error, I'm really curious as to what is indicated by '40_1'. My first assumption was that it refers to a map-coordinate, but as i have already said, the corresponding location on the map does not seem to have any 'critical' properties (i.e: no units/locations or any such mission-oriented characteristics)
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“