Kharkov winter 1943

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Antworten
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Kharkov winter 1943

Beitrag von nevux »

God I love the new winter scheme!

I'm building a 256x256 SP winter map based on the battle of Kharkov, which took place at the culmination of a massive counter-offensive launched by the german army in februari 1943, after the continuous offensive operations of the soviet army following the fall of Stalingrad had left it's forces worn down and exhausted.

Bild

Frozen lake
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

moooore frost!!
Bild
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: Kharkov winter 1943

Beitrag von nevux »

Behavior settings that cause infantry to occupy buildings don't seem to work for trenches. Whats the dealio here?

Thx
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

nevux hat geschrieben:Behavior settings that cause infantry to occupy buildings don't seem to work for trenches. Whats the dealio here?

Thx
Hi,

There is nothing in the trenches that prevent it from working like any other building. So until proven otherwise I believe it is the script...

By the way, why don't you make your maps available to the community, they look awesome, and would make for excellent MP maps as well.

Cheers,
Martijn
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks for the reply,

My experience is that trenches will often remain unoccupied even when other buildings in the same zone are. So I'm pretty sure the conditions where fine.

Although there is no fundamental error preventing troops from occupying them since I've managed to get some trenches working, the difficulties involved in achieving this do suggest that this issue is somehow related to the trench-objects.

Singled out trenches with no obstacles surrounding it that could potentially hinder their accessibility to troops would sometimes remain unoccupied, even when troops with the appropriate behavior settings were placed on all sides of the trench to exclude spatial orientation as a possible problem. Funny enough,replacing these 'dead' trenches with other buildings would trigger the desired infantry behavior in-game.

Ill upload some of the maps I've made before..

Adios
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

The city will eventually span almost the entire area east of the river.

My choice of the third battle of Kharkov as a theme for this map has been made purely to give it some contextual atmosphere, altough I will try to blend in some elements of the true battle. The larger part of the mission will be fiction though.

I can't be assed to scrutinize reports of the battle to destill info on city layout and troop movement.

This is Kharkov how I imagine it would have looked like.. outposts, defense lines, suburbs..brigdes.. center area with hotspots (squares, railway stations etc).

It will feature a combination of tactical gameplay with clear objectives (elemininate this, capture that spot etc) and more general orders (clear area).. The city area will hopefully prove a true meatgrinder, just like in the real battle, where fierce house-to-house fightings accounted for the majority of german casualties.

OF COURSE.. this map will feature a few tigers.. probably 2. IIRC, Kharkov 3rd was the first major offensive to extensively employ the tiger tank.

Bild
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

I’m going to try to integrate some elements of the Wikipedia description of the final stage of the battle –the fight for the city- into the map. Unfortunately this entails that I’ll have to remove the larger part of the river that I think gives a lot of character to the map.
The script of the events before this final battle will remain almost entirely fictional (arty batteries, AA batteries, fuel depot, breaking through frontline etc).
The fight for the city will include some events that took place in the course of the attempts to capture the city by troops approaching Kharkov from the north and west. (tank ditch, counterattacks, railway stations and Dzerzhinsky Square).

Concerning the discussion about trenches:
All trenches are ‘working’ now. What I did to overcome the problem of trenches not being occupied is just placing several trenches in different positions in the desired location and then check in-game which ones are being occupied and delete the ones that aren’t.
I’ve the impression that the optical location of trenches on the map is somehow inconsistent with their ‘effective’ location. Try removing a trench with another building (a small house) in the editor. You’ll notice that right clicking wont remove the trench when the house is placed over the trench, but clicking 3 cm above or below it will do the trick. Perhaps this is causing the ‘entrance’ to be either blocked or fall just outside the appropriate zone, even when optically the trench appears to be in the right position?

Bild

Script is 30% done.
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

nice work nevux. looks awesome!
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

The map is finished and so is the larger part of the script.

You can find the editor files in the attachment. Feel free to use the map for whatever purpose you like.

Greetings
Dateianhänge
third battle of kharkov .rar
(326.32 KiB) 818-mal heruntergeladen
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Very cool you offer your map for the community!
We hope you'll do that with more of your awsome maps! ;)
Thanks a lot mate!
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
uwe72dd
Major
Major

Beitrag von uwe72dd »

Hallo,

kann man man das unter 8.0 Beta 2 spielen?
Suche Infos zur Beobachtungsabteilung 15 und Füsilierbattailon der 253. ID

Gruß Uwe
uwe72dd
Major
Major

Beitrag von uwe72dd »

Doofe Frage. :aaa5 Wer lesen kann ist im Vorteil.

Gruß Uwe
uwe72dd
Major
Major

Beitrag von uwe72dd »

Hat die Mission jemand fertig gemacht, oder läuiftb Sie hier unter einem anderen Namen?

Gruß Uwe
jo
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von jo »

uwe72dd hat geschrieben:Hallo,

kann man man das unter 8.0 Beta 2 spielen?
JA kannst du, wenn du eine passende Mission bastelst.
Leider ist das hier eine map, aber wenn du viel Zeit und Enthusiasmus hast ...dann leg los.
Greetz du Haudegen
uwe72dd
Major
Major

Beitrag von uwe72dd »

Neee, das überlaß ich mal den Besten hier die das super machen.

Danke mal an alle Bastler. :D

Gruß Uwe
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“