An place for english questions !
Antworten
dzamburu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

MP help needed !?

Beitrag von dzamburu »

Hello guys !

I can not play MP Sudden Strike. I can play any other computer multi player game but I can not play SS-RWM.

I have my home computer with DSL connection by modem connected through LAN port. I have opened 1337 port as an exception in the Firewall. Also I have opened other ports which I have seen must be open. I saw about those ports in this forum as well as in instruction manual for Hidden Stroke.

Even after that, I could not get in to MP.
So, after that I try switch off Firewall. But even without Firewall I can not get the list of games even if I can see the list of available IP addresses.

I can see the list of games in MMS and I can download the games via MMS.

I get in the game, select Multiplayer, select "Join", can see the list of IP addresses, but when I click "Join" for search I can not see any game in the "Game List".

Is there any other settings ?

Cheers !
Goran :cry:
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

What firewall are you using? If you still got the Windows firewall up, try disabling that one or configure it.
dzamburu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von dzamburu »

[quote="Lamafarmer"]What firewall are you using? If you still got the Windows firewall up, try disabling that one or configure it.[/quote]

I have Windows Firewall. It is disabled. Anyway, it is still not possible to play.
I say Windows Firewall is disabled !
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Let me know what ports you are forwarding/have enabled and compare them with these:

TCP 47626, TCP 6073, TCP 2300-2400, TCP 28800-28900

Sometimes you also need these

27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
28900 (Master Server List Request)
29900 (GP Connection Manager)
29901 (GP Search Manager)
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
6515 (Dplay UDP)

TCP 2300-2400, TCP 28800-28900 are port ranges, meaning that you will have to forward/enable ALL ports inbetween the mentioned, like 2301, 2302, 2303 etc.
dzamburu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von dzamburu »

[quote="Lamafarmer"]Let me know what ports you are forwarding/have enabled and compare them with these:

[b]TCP 47626, TCP 6073, TCP 2300-2400, TCP 28800-28900 [/b]

Sometimes you also need these

[b]27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
28900 (Master Server List Request)
29900 (GP Connection Manager)
29901 (GP Search Manager)
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
6515 (Dplay UDP)[/b]

TCP 2300-2400, TCP 28800-28900 are port ranges, meaning that you will have to forward/enable ALL ports inbetween the mentioned, like 2301, 2302, 2303 etc.[/quote]

Hey, if I have Windows Firewall disabled, do I still have to open those ports ?
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

If you are using a router, you have to forward/open them in the router. If you got a firewall, you might have to enable/open all the ports. I don't know if you could just let the game_exe.exe of SuSt2 access the internet and thus open all the required ports. I don't use the Windows firewall, but a Sygate one, where I can just let programs access the internet.
dzamburu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von dzamburu »

Sygate one, where I can just let programs access the internet.[/quote]

In the windows firewall also exist the option for allowing programs internet connections. I have indicate SSII and MMS. If I understand you correctly it means I do not need to open ports after I have those two programs indicated as exceptions.

Please where I can find the form in which I can "forward/open" ports. In the Windows Firewall there is the "Exception Tab" on which I have "add" button to include new port in the list of allowed ports. If you are talking about opening ports is there any other place in Windows system to do that. If it is please give me list of steps to get in that form.
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

dzamburu hat geschrieben:
Sygate one, where I can just let programs access the internet.
In the windows firewall also exist the option for allowing programs internet connections. I have indicate SSII and MMS. If I understand you correctly it means I do not need to open ports after I have those two programs indicated as exceptions.
I guess it should work then.
Please where I can find the form in which I can "forward/open" ports. In the Windows Firewall there is the "Exception Tab" on which I have "add" button to include new port in the list of allowed ports. If you are talking about opening ports is there any other place in Windows system to do that. If it is please give me list of steps to get in that form.
Well, depends on how you are connected to the internet. If you are using a router, then you might have to enable the ports in there; in the router's menu. Where did you enable the 1337 port for the MMS? That's where you should enable/open/forward the other ports.
dzamburu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von dzamburu »

IT IS WORKING !
IT IS WORKING NOW !

I manage to adjust it. Thank you guys !
You help me !
All of you !
It was very, very kind of you to show interest in helping me.

I fix the "exceptions" in Windows Firewall and manage to set up port forwarding in the Router setup menu.
Now "joining" as well as game "hosting" is working.
----------------------------------------------------------
I would like to give useful links for those who may have the same problems as I had. It is about port forwarding and you can find there all you may need for setup:

http://portforward.com/help/portforwarding.htm
http://portforward.com/
http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... rindex.htm
----------------------------------------------------------
Wish you all the best and see you in the game !

Goran
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

see you on the battlefield...! :D
grüße Stephan

Bild
creyzi4zb12
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Re: MP help needed !?

Beitrag von creyzi4zb12 »

tnx a lot, I opened some ports, and now my laptop cannot connect to the network through wireless router.
Ang
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: MP help needed !?

Beitrag von nevux »

Thats why it should say 'try at own risk'.. so people won't start pointing the finger at others for their own dumbass mistakes.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“