Operation Frühlingserwachen

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Operation Frühlingserwachen

Beitrag von nevux »

New sp mission in progress: bridgehead1944 (256x256)

Mission has been tested to a limited extent and should be winnable. The current victory conditions are implemented for testing purposes. Mission will be expanded with additional conditions to encompass the entire map; this version covers approximately 70% of the area. Mission balance is still subject to scrutiny. In my own experience -drawn from several playthroughs- the mission is hard but winnable. Timing and composition of enemy and player reinforcements has been randomized to some extent to -hopefully- produce somewhat variable gameplay.

Bild

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

gr,

Nevux
Zuletzt geändert von nevux am 09.03.2013, 11:56, insgesamt 6-mal geändert.
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Re: Bridgehead1944

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

As always, great work, sir.
Like ur usage of ground-textures!
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

New version available:

-bug after capture of west bank towns fixed
-full scale mission
-randomness enhanced
-more detail added to the map

gr,

nevux
GFM Sterna
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Beitrag von GFM Sterna »

Nice Map nevux, how about some more details.

i.e
-Telegraphpoles
-Lanterns
-more village stuff to bring more life into the scene !
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Has anyone tried the mission yet? If so, how was it? Too easy, hard, boring?

I like my games fast paced and tough with mostly tactical gameplay (i.e "capture targets a-z" rather than ''achieve goal x by any means; 256 are probably too small for multiple strategic approaches anyway). Maybe this style doesn't appeal to most.

The first version was pretty buggy, although capturing the intended gameplay quite well so any opinions would be appreciated. military18

Also, where the instructions of the mission clear enough?
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

A few ingame snapshots:

Scenario will probably be reset on 1945. s.pz.jaeg abteilung 512 was transferred to the east so we can have some fun with a jagdtiger or two.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Its kind of unfortunate that I started the mission in the east-west direction as it was originally planned to portray a soviet offensive. I just couldnt bring myself to not center the game around german tanks...a personal flaw. Ah well.. maybe itll be some kind of breakout attempt.. or we're simple looking at the world map upside down.
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

map looks fine :)
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

thanks

Some more screens:

I've added a night and day cycle with implications for enemy artillery and fighter bombers which will hopefully add some sort of tactical dynamic to the game.. not sure if it works, its more or less an experiment.

Bild
Waffen ss grenadiere storming a soviet strongpoint situated on a hill

Bild
Panzer company with Panther and panzer IV engaging the enemy in an occupied village. Front panther took an unfortunate hit from a well positioned 85mm AA gun and was knocked out in the attack

Bild
A company of waffen SS grenadiere supported by StugIII storming a Soviet strongpoint in difficult terrain. One vehicle was knocked out in the first moments of the assault when soviet AT guns opened fire.
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

nevux hat geschrieben:thanks

Some more screens:

I've added a night and day cycle with implications for enemy artillery and fighter bombers which will hopefully add some sort of tactical dynamic to the game.. not sure if it works, its more or less an experiment.
Great idea! Good luck with that!
kopfabhassan
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von kopfabhassan »

Maybe i am blind but i dont find a download link for the map.
Zitate:

1.oder mit das Programm 2.ich komm nicht wieter Merdè 3.ich bekomme das nicht zum leufen (Final) 4.und wer bis du den für einer
auch so einer wie Lamafarmer wen ja da gut nacht Deutschland 5.Aber keiner war mal in einen La Guerre 6.Ich kaufe das nicht für 49,95 ,für ein 10 ja 7.ich mach kein kampf mit die ok8.Dein Deutsch ist ok 9.nicht den scheiss Forever der ist Mühl , Merdè HS2 ist genau richtig und besser als RWM 10.Schlauchboote wahrum nicht toole idee Danke11.@ kopf ab
und das ist dein Oder für den Forumwechter
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Im sorry. The download has been temporarily disabled as I'm planning to release a Beta on short notice (probably this weekend)

The day/night cycle has been replaced with wheater conditions: sunny, clouded and misty . Misty conditions totally blind enemy fighter planes and observers at elevated positions meaning that the sky will be clear of planes and no arty strikes will be called in until within sight of enemy units themselves. I'm still thinking about how to best implement the restrictions that ensue from bad wheater

The game will cycle through these states randomly at 10 minute interals, meaning that in 1 hour of gameplay it can be consistently sunny for 60 minutes or be different every 10 minutes. Wheater reports will be issues automatically but can also be called by the player through some sort of wheater station so the player can gather information on wheater connditions whenever needed.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

The orientation of the mission has been rearranged to match it's present scenario: operation Fruehlingserwachen.

Bild
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: Operation Frühlingserwachen

Beitrag von nevux »

Beta available

full mission

Any comments are appreciated

gr

nevux
Dateianhänge
Operation Frühlingserwachen.rar
(431.18 KiB) 816-mal heruntergeladen
GFM Sterna
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Beitrag von GFM Sterna »

Hey nevux,

Have start your Map looks very nice and the Mission is good too. Must play further but for now its ok !
I like the Village and landscape design, well done !! The Channel looks also very fine, nice idea to build it with the free objects...
Would be nice to see a 512² Map for Op.: Frühlingserwachen with this Map design .

Keep up the good work !
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm eagre to know what people think of the difficulty. As the designer I more or less know exactly what will happen -although the randomness makes it somewhat unpredictable- giving me an advantage that is likely to affect the progress of the game, making is difficult to evaluate it's playabilty. How far have you advanced? Have you captured any ofthe objectives yet?

gr,

nevux
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“