suggestions to 6.3 balance tables ?

Allgemeines Forum des RWM Teams.
Gast

suggestions to 6.3 balance tables ?

Beitrag von Gast »

post some suggestions to a balance table :o)
sardaukar

Beitrag von sardaukar »

Here is my first suggestion of a balance table .. not all included but its just for the discussion:

t35 = tetrach

pz2 or t38 (slightly weaker, slow firerate) = stuart OR crusader

hummel = 2x priest (much lower power/range)

hetzer = chaffee or hellcat (abit faster)

stug3 = valentine + matilda (more tanks, slower speed) OR valentine + crusader

panther = firefly + valentine(or smaller tank with 50mm or better)

tiger = comet+dragonfly

pz 3 j 50mm = matilda (smaller gun, slower, but better armour) / tetrach / crusader

jagdpanther = hellcat + dragonfly

(elefant: this is just abit weaker due to less mobilty and static tower of the elefant)
elefant = 1 churchill 37mm+75mm + 2 pershing OR 1 churchill plus + 1 pershing + 1 105mm shermans OR 1 pershing + 1 churchill + arty piece

(king: hard to hit frontally, need much tanks to balance)
kingtiger = 3 105mm shermans OR 3 pershing (cant attack directly) OR 2 pershing + indirect weapon 105mm+

Jagdtiger (what a monster) = 3 105 mm shermans + 1 pershing + 1 sherman 75mm flame (fast flame attack)

pz iv SHORt = sherm 3

pz iv long = sherm v OR wolverine

pz3 flame + pz iv short = sherm 75mm flame
Pet

Beitrag von Pet »

Thank you much
:wink:
sardaukar

Beitrag von sardaukar »

hope its usefull .. its just a suggestions.
RaH

RWM6.3 Unitbalance

Beitrag von RaH »

According to my opinion one could consider perhaps also this possibility! Are however not yet so safe me...

Panther = ShermanV+Firefly or Comet = T-34/85+T-34/76

TigerI = Chaffee+Comet or 2xFirefly = 2xT-34/85

JgdPanther = ShermanV+M36 = T-34/76+SU-100

Nashorn = M36 or Achilles = SU-100

Koenigstiger = 3xPershing+2M36 or 4xPershing = 3xIS2

JgdTiger = ... dont use it in multiplayermaps... its horrible and only use 1KTiger...
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I think you need to stop drinking from the toilet, you where obvious sick when you wrote 3 pershings plus 2 jacksons hehe
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Na jetzt regt euch mal ab und schreibt nicht so einen Blödsinn. Die kleinen Kinder glauben euch vielleicht noch. Erstmal ist es sinnlos, so eine Liste zu erstellen. Die Balance hängt doch stark von der Map ab. Auf einer großen Map, mit vielen wichtigen Positionen kann man den Alliierten nicht 5 mal so viele Panzer geben, nur weil die Deutschen stärker sind. Auf Maps, in denen es 1 oder 2 wichtige Brennpunkte gibt, kann man das ja machen (aber auch nicht 5x). Im Panzergefecht kommt es eben auf die Taktik an. Einen Jagdtiger kann man ganz leicht mit schnellen Flammenwerfereinheiten ausschalten und dann sogar selbst benutzen. Kein deutscher Panzer ist mehr wert als 3 Shermans(T34) oder 2 Pershings(IS2). Den Königstiger hat RaH wohl mit nem Leopard 2 verwechselt. Die Vorschläge für die kleineren Panzer sind aber zu gebrauchen.

And now in English:
Those suggestions for the German heavy tanks are exaggerated! The suggestions for the lighter tanks are useful, but the King Tiger is never more valueable than 3 Shermans(Fire or V) or 2 Pershings (better 1 Pershing and 1 Jackson). On most maps its more useful to have many tanks and not only a few strong ones. As Ally you need more taktic in tank fights to get the German tanks from the side or from behind but it is not impossible!

:ccc1
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Na jetzt regt euch mal ab und schreibt nicht so einen Blödsinn. Die kleinen Kinder glauben euch vielleicht noch. Erstmal ist es sinnlos, so eine Liste zu erstellen. Die Balance hängt doch stark von der Map ab. Auf einer großen Map, mit vielen wichtigen Positionen kann man den Alliierten nicht 5 mal so viele Panzer geben, nur weil die Deutschen stärker sind. Auf Maps, in denen es 1 oder 2 wichtige Brennpunkte gibt, kann man das ja machen (aber auch nicht 5x). Im Panzergefecht kommt es eben auf die Taktik an. Einen Jagdtiger kann man ganz leicht mit schnellen Flammenwerfereinheiten ausschalten und dann sogar selbst benutzen. Kein deutscher Panzer ist mehr wert als 3 Shermans(T34) oder 2 Pershings(IS2). Den Königstiger hat RaH wohl mit nem Leopard 2 verwechselt. Die Vorschläge für die kleineren Panzer sind aber zu gebrauchen.

And now in English:
Those suggestions for the German heavy tanks are exaggerated! The suggestions for the lighter tanks are useful, but the King Tiger is never more valueable than 3 Shermans(Fire or V) or 2 Pershings (better 1 Pershing and 1 Jackson). On most maps its more useful to have many tanks and not only a few strong ones. As Ally you need more taktic in tank fights to get the German tanks from the side or from behind but it is not impossible!

:ccc1

Its not idiotic to make such a list, because it shows head on kill rate of each tank hich combines rate of fire, armour and calliber .. if you dont take these into consideration, you will end up in a situaiton where everyone picks germany because the har impossible to hurt frontally. In short, you can line your tanks and drive slowly forward and nothing will happen to your tanks.

But its true that it all depends on the map, but its not true that above list is 'sindsloss' as there are NOOONE that would pick allies if kingtiger was with balanced with 1 or 2 pershings .. kingtigers kill pershings in one shot, pershings need 3-4 shots (as far as i remember) or more .... IN THE SIDE of the KT. kingtigers are hurt only 3-5% by a su-85 shot hit in the side SU-122mm hit in the front plates doesnt give ANY damange. 100 does 10% damange in the side and su-122 does 20-30% damange witha hit in the side .. all while remembering that KT kan kill all these tanks in one shot (i think) .. with stalins vs kingtiger stalin needs 8-10 hits to kill the kt frontally and it takes 2 hits to kill it thru side armour. In any case I would ALWAYS make this 3:1 .. that is, 3 stalins to 1 kingtiger as the kingtiger still would wipe out the stalings before because of good precision, better armour etc etc .. in head-on combat kingtiger would be the winner because of its precision and its good armour. it would kill all tree without even being disabled.

You cant rely a balance sheet on the fact that some players are stupid and turnthe side to the enemy (usually by mistake actually) on the battlefield .. this would ruin all map balances. The dission is more about how much is the enemy to get to even the odds.

An example of one unbalanced superunit that fucks up a map is litauen by TWA .. the map is perfectly balanced for rwm6.2 until jagdtigers are put on the map .. the result is that everyone wants to play german if they play this map often .. if you have clear shot lines then the bigger tanks will always win.

I use russian examples because my testmap is russian vs germans at the moment.

I'm not a huge mapper, I've made a few scripts and thats it. and i find above very usefull as starting point as it takes forever to completly balance a map and you IN ANY CASE need such a list to figure out what to give to each nation if you want to try to balance the gameplay and give equal chance of winning with all nation.
Wever
General
General

Beitrag von Wever »

Anonymous hat geschrieben: Einen Jagdtiger kann man ganz leicht mit schnellen Flammenwerfereinheiten ausschalten und dann sogar selbst benutzen.
Korrekt! :D Vorausgesetzt, der Mod macht die Infanterie nicht zur Staffage.

Beste Grüße
Wever
"Es gibt eine Form von Toleranz beim Menschen, die nichts anderes ist als ein Mangel an Würde." Joseph Schumpeter
sar

Beitrag von sar »

[GMG]Wever hat geschrieben:
Anonymous hat geschrieben: Einen Jagdtiger kann man ganz leicht mit schnellen Flammenwerfereinheiten ausschalten und dann sogar selbst benutzen.

Beste Grüße
Wever
flamers are an issue for themselves, but the reach of the jagd and the armour makes it sickening to balance and cant be balanced as normal .. it doesnt take ANY damange from pershings unless its in the rear..
Bacchus
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier
Beitrag von Bacchus »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:[.. kingtigers kill pershings in one shot
thats not true!
i just played a mission with KTs and pershings and KTs need at least 2 shots to kill a pershing
Wever
General
General

Beitrag von Wever »

sar hat geschrieben:
[GMG]Wever hat geschrieben:

Beste Grüße
Wever
flamers are an issue for themselves, but the reach of the jagd and the armour makes it sickening to balance and cant be balanced as normal .. it doesnt take ANY damange from pershings unless its in the rear..
Hallo sar!
Da hast Du natürlich recht. Ich wollte mit meiner Bemerkung eigentlich auch nur daruf hinweisen, daß es ja vielerlei Waffen in SuSt gibt... An der Grundidee des Gastbeitrages von gestern 16:19 Uhr ist schon etwas dran. Solche "balance tables" sind eine sehr theoretische Angelegenheit. Sie verleiten m.E. viele Scripter zu einer allzu statischen Arbeit. Sinn machen solche Tabellen vielleicht für clans. Aber eine normale SuSt-Mission, welche mehr oder weniger ein Gefecht aus der Zeit des Zweiten Weltkrieges simulieren soll, muß ja von der Grundannahme ausgehen, daß die verschiedenen Armeen verschiedene Waffen und verschiedene Strukturen besaßen. Dieser Umstand - eigentlich eine Banalität - sollte auch abgebildet werden.

:lol: Die Idee, anhand von "balance tables" absolut ausgeglichene Einheiten auf die Karte zu stellen, erinnert mich an eine deutsche Redewendung, die ich noch nie mochte: "Es darf keine Verlierer geben!" :lol: (Wie gesagt, mit der Ausnahme von Maps für clans oder Ligaspiele, aber da kenne ich mich überhaupt nicht aus.)

Herzliche Grüße
Wever
"Es gibt eine Form von Toleranz beim Menschen, die nichts anderes ist als ein Mangel an Würde." Joseph Schumpeter
sar

Beitrag von sar »

@Bacchus

think you focus on details in stead of the big picture. The germans are much stronger, accept and balance according to it. The point is that pershing cant kill KT head on, not weather it takes one or 2 shots to kill a KT.
Bacchus
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier
Beitrag von Bacchus »

sar hat geschrieben:@Bacchus

think you focus on details in stead of the big picture. The germans are much stronger, accept and balance according to it. The point is that pershing cant kill KT head on, not weather it takes one or 2 shots to kill a KT.
well i haven't played enough 6.3 to comment the "big picture"...

But concerning the russians - the ISU-152 kixx german's asses very badly.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Balance is a feature that really shouldn't be considered when one considers the real vehicles since reality was actually very "Balanced" if you knew how to do it.

For instance, German Panzers.

Tank for Tank, after 1942, The US and British were inferior to their German counterparts and that was not to change till the last 2-3 months with the arrival of the M-26 and Comet tanks.

THe US trick to dealing with the typical Panther, Tiger, KonigsTiger, and various PanzerJager was simple, numbers.

It was no joke when the US adopted the 5-1 attack method where 5 Shermans took on a single Panther or Tiger (Usually losing 1-3 tanks in the process) and that method should work well in the game.

THe only real Balance issue ingame is that mappers usually place far too many of a certain Tank or something. Many Many Many maps I have played have groups of 4-6 Tigers or some other Super tank and I have NOTHING to respond with since I usually get a mere 4-6 Shermans or maybe a bunch of useless M5s.

Don't forget that also, Soviet armour was excellent and the SU-152 was a VERY dangerous in reality so the fact that it kicks your ass must be accepted. If you want some relief from them, The PAK-40 75mm/L48 could knock one at 500 meters and even the Pak-38 50mm/L60 could kill one from the Flank. IF a Armoured Unit is giving you trouble, remember that the Armour on a flank is usually 50-75% less than that on the Front (Tiger had 110 mm frontal amour but only 60mm on the hull flanks!)

THe units are fine for the most-part so instead of concentrating on balancing them, concentrate on the tactics that won the real war!

Quick tip: go for the 2 way strike, Station your strong units that can absorb alot of fire in front of the main enemy attack and station your weaker units to the side somewhere and when the enemy starts putting down fire on your frontal defense, rush your side force into the enemy flank and shoot them up. If a SU-152 is murdering your frontal force, most units can kill it from the side with 2-5 shots.
Antworten

Zurück zu „RWM Allgemein“