rwm7 b4\E "EAST FRONT SUMMER" SCHEMME english

An place for english questions !
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Here is something might give a better impression to the wheat field.Its a "wave" effect pattern Just by overlapping in a curve effect line.And you dont spend to many objects
Dateianhänge
wavy.JPG
wavy.JPG (174.82 KiB) 8017 mal betrachtet
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

nah, if you overlap you lose the effect; one section of wheat per one [] on the grid (F3 on a UK/US keyboard) as it shows over a tank which isn't the desired effect.
Like one of the panthers in your screenshot wheras on the other the wheat only comes up to the tracks...
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Hi this maybe my last "pesterig" on the subject as I have just gone an eyesight operation and i need to rest for some time.my final wish before the big bosses decide what is going to enter or not in the RWM/ final is to take a look at the "strand schemme" or Island shemme which has become obsollete since the japs are gone.There is a lot of ground textures and objects which would become useful and not pure waste if they were transfered to the other schemmes.i am putting some examples in captures.All the best
Dateianhänge
Island schemme 3.JPG
Island schemme 3.JPG (165.04 KiB) 7965 mal betrachtet
Island schemme 2.JPG
Island schemme 2.JPG (171.75 KiB) 7949 mal betrachtet
Island schemme 1.JPG
Island schemme 1.JPG (169.02 KiB) 7949 mal betrachtet
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Yo. I just had a quick mess about with the island scheme and I think quite alot has already been incorporated in the new scheme. I quite like these wooden fences though. I think they do a good job as the crappy russian wooden fences you see in so many photos. Maybe they could be included, either as fencing or as vertical objects...
Dateianhänge
Gorodische.jpg
Gorodische.jpg (61.04 KiB) 7920 mal betrachtet
Woroponowo.jpg
Woroponowo.jpg (48.69 KiB) 7920 mal betrachtet
fences.JPG
fences.JPG (97.99 KiB) 7920 mal betrachtet
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

We played a game yesterday pusteblume ,roter oktober and i as obvserver (eye opretion) and it seems ok.I see barb made comment to puste about not been official.Well you didnt put any conditions either???? for dl.
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

@Matttheoz

it's funny, but the one thing I feel is still missing for an authentic eastfront look is... the crappy fences. I was already working on that, but the results have not been to my liking so far, so I left them out.

The island scheme fences just don't look right, too tall, and besides, for some stupid reason the engine allows only 3 types of fences per scheme (and only fences can be crushed by verhicles). But I'll see if I can modify the graphics a little to get it right, and incorporate them as standing objects.

@Viriato
The reason for not publicly distributing the scheme is mainly that it was for testing purposes in the true sense of the word. Adding an entirely new scheme has never been done in SS2 history, and we did not have a clue what to expect, if it would crash for some unknown reason or get other unexpected results and so on.

We therefore don't want people in general to switch to RWM B4/E, just wanted some feedback from experienced mappers to get the scheme right for the final. If you play it amongst yourself, even better to get as much feedback as possible, but it has not been released to supersede B4. It will all be available in the final, but it has to be thorougly tested first.

Thanks for your input by the way.

Martijn
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Hey Tijn, I thought exactly the same...too tall. But maybe if the bottom was trimmed off them?

And yeah its a pity with the 3 fences limit. Maybe one of them could be replaced with a crappy fence? The white fence for example doesn't really fit into a russian landscape most of the time and quite often mappers already use the single segments from vertical objects for the white fences. Just a thought...
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

We played the new sheme yesterday- without any probs. 4vs4. ;)
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Thanks i just played great stuff. :D
Cassius
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

A TREE AS A WATCH TOWER IN DOM

Beitrag von Cassius »

I played with this new scheme and had no problems.

I would like to have different kind of trees as watch towers in Dom. It would be nice as an observation post + sniping.
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Re: A TREE AS A WATCH TOWER IN DOM

Beitrag von pTah »

Cassius hat geschrieben:I played with this new scheme and had no problems.

I would like to have different kind of trees as watch towers in Dom. It would be nice as an observation post + sniping.
nice idea!!! but they should look a little bit different from normal trees, shouldn't they?
grüße Stephan

Bild
batus
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von batus »

Ok. I'll make a couple of those, but Martijn will have to decide if they should be inserted.
How do you mean they should be a little different from other trees? In what way?
Cassius
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Cassius »

Hi guys,

Not all the battles are fought in urban areas.

In the fields, specially in forested areas, different kinds of trees can be used as watch towers...place them as houses.

We are so used when approaching urban areas, there might be someone in a tower observing, sniping or directing arti fire.

It will raise another level of awareness, when you hide in a forested area, knowing someone is watching you or having a shit!
I bet the shit will hit the fan many times to come.

I suggest this "tree tower" be placed in all the schemes.

And those trees have to look the same as any other tree already on the schemes.
If you make it different, it will more easier for you to id those. That destroys the plot!
Open your eyes, recce and stay alive.
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Very nice idea - Batus.... if u able to... DO IT MATE! :D
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

I like the idea, a kind of "sniper's nest" but the only eggs any bird in that nest is going to be laying are fast and made of lead...

That is real warfare, if this gets in it'll add a whole new level of keeping your rear areas secure and watching your back! One second you could be winning, the next your major gets a 7.92mm hole in the back of his head and you're blind...

Nice to see you here as well as suddenstrike.com Batus :)
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“