MapConverter: Help with file path

SS 2 Forum für Scripte und den Mapeditor.
Antworten
SlaySoft

MapConverter: Help with file path

Beitrag von SlaySoft »

Good day guys

Recently I have started to plan a few 'small projects'. For that reasson I am starting to learn all mechanics that SSII Editor has. To understand better how all works together (units, scripts, triggers...) I will wonder to open an existing mission (.ssm) and take a look for myself.

I found mapconverter by Mzach but when I try to open, it shows that message 'Sudden Strike II main folder could not be located. See "FIX FOR RUSSIAN VERSION" in the readme file'. I have been reading README file, I have tried to apply all steps it says but I cannot be able to LINK mapconverter with my SSII folder. My SSII is GOG edition so path is C:\GOG Games\Sudden Strike II.

Please, can anybody help me? (I have been looking for answers through FORUM SEARCH engine with no result).

EDIT: My game language is ENGLISH
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier
Re: MapConverter: Help with file path

Beitrag von zarathustra »

Perhaps the point here is the name of the folder - it’s a bad idea to give names with spaces. It’s better to do this:
[SSII]
language = Russian
version = SSII
folder = c:\Game\SSII
maps = Maps
edit3 = Editor\edit.exe
maps.src = Editor\maps.src

You can try to write like this:
[SSII]
language = Russian
version = SSII
folder = "c:\GOG Games\Sudden Strike II"
maps = Maps
edit3 = Editor\edit.exe
Bild

Приумножая познания, приумножаешь и скорбь
SlaySoft

Beitrag von SlaySoft »

zarathustra hat geschrieben: 29.10.2019, 10:39 Perhaps the point here is the name of the folder - it’s a bad idea to give names with spaces. It’s better to do this:
[SSII]
language = Russian
version = SSII
maps = Maps
edit3 = Editor\edit.exe

You can try to write like this:
[SSII]
language = Russian
version = SSII
folder = "c:\GOG Games\Sudden Strike II"
maps = Maps
edit3 = Editor\edit.exe
Thanks a lot for your fast answer Zarathustra. Sadly it doesn't work. I have tried both ways but I still recieve the same message. I don't know, by default, which is the directory where mapconverter.exe is pointing. If somebody here uses MapConverter, can, please, tell me what is the directory where Sudden Strike II is?

I have the feeling that, when Mzach developed mapconverter.exe, there were only CDV Original's sudden strike version (before GOG). So maybe mapconverter is pointing that old default directory. Maybe ProgramFiles/CDV...../Sudden Strike II. Can anybody confirm that?

Another idea is to extract all files inside mapconverter.exe and edit the one who set up the point intallation; but I have no idea how to do that (I only know how to extract .exe files).
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von zarathustra »

SlaySoft hat geschrieben: 29.10.2019, 11:46 Thanks a lot for your fast answer Zarathustra. Sadly it doesn't work. I have tried both ways but I still recieve the same message. I don't know, by default, which is the directory where mapconverter.exe is pointing. If somebody here uses MapConverter, can, please, tell me what is the directory where Sudden Strike II is?
Sometimes you have to use this program, I have many different mods and they all work!

It doesn’t matter where mapconverter is installed, you just need to edit the file:
c:\Program Files\mapConverter\path.txt
and indicate in it the paths to all your games/mods
for example like this:

[RWG-0.8]
language = Russian
version = 0.8
folder = c:\Game\Truth_of_War
maps = Maps
edit3 = Editor\RWG-ToW.exe

[RWG-0.87]
language = Russian
version = 0.87
folder = c:\Work\ToW_087
maps = Maps

[RWG-1.9]
language = Russian
version = 1.9
folder = c:\Game\RWG1.9
maps = Maps
edit3 = Editor\RWG-2.exe

[SSII]
language = Russian
version = SSII
maps = Maps

[FMRM]
language = Russian
version = FMRM
folder = c:\Game\SSII\FMRM
maps = Maps
edit3 = Editor\edit3_FMRM.exe
maps.src = Editor\maps_fmrm.src

Then, at startup, the converter will ask you: in which game do you want to decompile the card?
Bild

Приумножая познания, приумножаешь и скорбь
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sudden Strike 2 Mapeditor / Scripte“