New map: April1944. last update: 02-07-08 (english)

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Antworten
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

New map: April1944. last update: 02-07-08 (english)

Beitrag von nevux »

Hello,

I have created a new map for RWM that i would like you to have a look at.

The map is 128 x 128 in dimensions and has been set for 2 players.

The map includes soviet and german forces only. Selecting other nations will provide either german or russian reinforcements.

The scenario I intended for this mission, focusses on a small town, somewhere in belarussia in the spring of 1944.

An overview image of the map-design.
Bild

Some ingame images to give an impression of the map-design.
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Btw, respond in german if you like. I'm from the netherlands and have no problems understanding the german language. Speaking and writing however, i think are more difficult. I assume everybody here is able to read english, or will i have to repost this thread in the english section of the forum?
Zuletzt geändert von nevux am 02.07.2008, 09:28, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

I have drastically altered the scheme of the map by covering a great deal of the grass-type terrain with the tall grass type horizontal objects, giving the map a more vivid and realistic appearance.

In addition I have replaced most of the buildings with buildings that better fit the ostfront setting of the map. As most of you will have probably noticed, almost all houses I used in the original version are of the german/bavarian architectural style. Considering that according to the scenario of the mission, the map should be situated in an ostfront environment, I thought this was inappropriate and had to be changed.

Secondly, I also applied some major changes in the settings for the reinforcements.
Seeing how I couldnt find a proper soviet equivalent for the elefant, I have removed this unit, and replaced it with a jagdpanther that was then balanced with an su-100. In addition I have changed the experience settings for all reinforcements (inf: 80, tanks: ranging from 25 to 100 according to balance requirements).

Finally, i have a question that I hope I will find an anwer to here.

I'm having difficulties determining how to best balance a Tiger1.
Currently, the mission has been set with a highly experienced kv2 and an unexperienced kv-85 for every moderately experienced tiger1.

I have also added 1 IS1 to balance for 1 of the german tigers (German team received a total of 4 tigers with reinforcements). Although the IS1 seems to be an exact match for the tiger, I have limited the number of IS1's to just one because only a very small number were produced.

I will upload the latest version of the map + some screens soon.

Thanks in advance for adressing my issue.
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

js1 is crap vs tiger and prototyp so balance it with js2 or some other combo
Dendro
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Dendro »

finding a 1vs1 balance is realy not easy. i'd suggested to balance one tiger with 2 t34/76 and one t34/85. This would be more realistic, because germans hat allways better tanks but soviets hat much more tanks.

I create my reenforcements this way. Giving germans less but better tanks adds a better gameplay for both fractions i guess. but allways remember: 3 tanks may balance one heavy enemy tank in a tank battle, but they are better against infantry. so allways add some support vehicles like sdkfz 250 or 251 or pzkpfw II or III to the tiger. this light vehicles dont damage the soviet tanks but are effective in attacking soft targets. so you can try to balance forces.

But all in all it is a nice map layout. i like it. perhaps you should use a bit more of the ground or dry ground texture. the map looks darker then and more realistic. but that is not necessary. ;)

zum gruße, dendro.
Hier gilt es, Schütze, deine Kunst zu zeigen.
Das Ziel ist würdig und der Preis ist groß.
- aus F. Schillers "Wilhelm Tell"
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks for the replies ppl.

Balancing with an IS2 is no option since this tank was yet to be introduced in april of 1944. The mission is set with chronologically accurate units.

edit: I just looked up the wikipedia article on the IS2, and it appears that it was actually introduced in april of 1944 :D. Great.

I think i'll add several t-34/85's for every tiger in stead of kv2/is1.

bye.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Bitmap showing the latest version of the map.

Bild

The scheme of the map has been completely changed to better represent the ostfront setting that I intended for the map.
The lighter grassy textures that covered the majority of the map were largely replaced with darker dirt/mud type textures to give the map a murky/grim overall appearance, which I think better established an ostfront atmosphere.

The area North/Northeast of the river hasnt yet been entirely modified. It will receive the same treatment as the area to the south of the river.

In addition I have applied several changes to the map layout. The damaged brigde at the far west end of the river has been replaced with a fixed crossover location. Secondly, the villa in the far south corner has been removed and was replaced with an open area that allows for tactical manouvering of troops when assaulting the town.

---
I have a question concerning the different weather-condition modes that can be selected in the editor.

I have tested all available modes, and found that both the 'rainy' and 'fog' mode use some sort of overlay that yields an overexposed, bleeched visual effect in game that totally diminishes the actual coloration properties of the objects/textures. Is this normal?
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Bild
Mojo
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Re: New map: April1944. last update: 02-07-08 (english)

Beitrag von Mojo »

Hi Nevux,
this map looks pretty good! You create a bunch of very good-looking maps!
Can't wait to play these maps.

Greets by Mojo
"Die Leute fragen mich immer, ob ich Tyler Durden kenne…"
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“