@ -gehtnix-
Meinst du das eigentlich ernst?
"Die Leute fragen mich immer, ob ich Tyler Durden kenne…"
-gehtnix-
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Re: Docsnyder

Beitrag von -gehtnix- »

@ Nie aufgeben - sofort, wenn man aufhört historisch korrekt ginge es Missionen zu bauen ...

@ Moyo - "Ernst" meine ich bestimmt, SUST ist ein Spiel und hat soviel mit WK2 historisch korrekt zu tun wie "Peterchens Mondfahrt" ... :idea:

So, nun mal zum ursprünglichen zurück, es würde jeden der seine Karten kennt freuen, wenn Docsnyder eine neue Map basteln täte.
MFG
Tovarish
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Tovarish »

Geh mal wieder mehr schlafen, rien ne va plus!

Ist ja unerträglich :roll:
marde
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von marde »

Servus !
@gehtnix : ich glaube was Mojo meinte war wohl eher die darstellung des WW II mit dem Mitteln die einen der Editor von SS II bietet. Und von daher ist es OK !

Generell bin ich auch der Meinung das die Maps von Docsnyder schon das Nonplusultra sind/waren.
Viel Spielspaß für die Comunity. Und darauf kommt es an.
Am meisten haben mir Gegenschlag der Heeresgruppe B und Kampf und Ioannina gefallen.
Nicht sso dolle fand ich die Wolga Triologie. War gestalerisch eher lau und eine so richtiges Stalingardfeeling kam nie auf !
Mir würde es es schon reichen wenn man de alten Maps von Doc auf RWM umschustert.
Neue nehme ich natürlich auch gerne ! :lol:
Vielleicht hat ja einer Lust und fragt den Doc ob er die eine oder andere Map umpoppel kann.
Gruß
marde
Mojo
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von Mojo »

Marde spricht mir absolut aus der Seele, genau so und nicht genauer meinte ich es. :yyy8

Gruesse an die ganze SuStr. Community aus dem schoenen sonnigen Kreta 8) Ich bin uebrigens nicht mim Fallschirm drueber abgesprungen, sondern hab wie (fast) jeder Urlauber den Flughafen auf Hieraklion benutzt. Anbei kann ich hier nochmal DocSnyders Kreta Map "X1 Fliegerkorps" waermstens empfehlen, Landschaftlich gut getroffen.

Ich gehe jetzt ins Meer schwimmen
"Die Leute fragen mich immer, ob ich Tyler Durden kenne…"
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

-gehtnix- hat geschrieben:@ Die Historie des WK2 ist mit SUST nicht wieder zu geben ... ohne wenn und aber, einzig Daten und Namen kann man korrekt verwenden dann endet es bereits ...

Sorry if translated this bad...

In my oppinion you can make historical and correct maps in SStrike. And not only SP! In Mp you can create more realistic maps.
if the players know the history of a battle you can play with historical tactics. But there is only one mod where you can play historical battles.

I have already written a polish-german game where we lost the battle in historical style. ;)
But you have to make maps on the battallion level (300-500 soldiers), platoon level (30-40 soldiers) or squad level (11-13 soldiers)

The maps in Sudden strike are very small. For example if one picel is one meter, one square is 30 pixels. an 512 map maybe 15 km. But it is a reduced distance. In real size an 512X512 map only for a village. :D I made a map about my village, which was a small village (with 300-400 people) and this historical village was an 512X1512 map. :D In this case you can make a correct Stalingrad map in 20 pieces of 512X512 map maybe :D
The historical maps need fanatism and knowledge. The better way when the looser team fighting hard and the enemy can win. (Big number of enemies, the better weapons of the enemy and so on..)

But sudden strike is very good for small historical battles. For example Barkmann's corner, Csanádpalota, Eben-Emmael (you can put the whole are in an 512x512 map)

But sudden strike never support the the big commercial battles, for example Omaha Beach, Kurszk, Debrecen, Poland, France. Only small parts of these campaigns. Vyzna, Montcornet, Westerplatte (the whole half-island is an 384X384 map), Püspökladány and so on...

So: you can create historical single and multiplayer maps but use for example the numbers of the military classes.
It will be not correct 100%, but very similar to the real structure of the real battles. And forget the million tanks in a Mp map. I laughed hard when I saw approx. 70 tanks in an army in hidden stroke. :D

For example in RCM there is an initial reinforcement in a 128X128 map with french forces.

five platoons
one platton consists of 3 squads.

one squad contains 10 rifleman, a submachinegunner or squad leader
3Xsquads + one MG + one AT weapons (AT-rifle) = one platoon

five platoons + 2 officers = one battallion

One battallion can use 3 AT guns (47 mm) and trucks and supply like supporting forces.

And in france there is some tank platoon: 5 infantry tanks (R-35 or H-35,39)

and so on...

But good news: it will be more important in the upcoming version. I mustn't say you anything becouse it will be a big surprise.
Bild
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

you can make historical and correct maps in SStrike
A clear "no way". I have read some books about ww2 and some of the best. Take Alistair MacLean with "Guns of Navarone", "The men of the Ulysses" and some more. All these things is impossible to build in Sudden, because there are many things which are really important in real life, but you cant display them in Sudden.

Hunger, coldness, indoor activities, spies, civilians (which make a big and inportant part of real war) and thousand things more. In reality vehicles and weapons are only a small part of war, so all you can do in Sudden Strike is a very reduced inpression of a historical battle, like a caricature.
-gehtnix-
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Beitrag von -gehtnix- »

@ Nun mit den fahrbaren Einheiten ist wohl ebenso kein historischer Ablauf zu realisieren, Panzer schießen auf Inf. statt auf vorrangig gefährlichere Gegner, ringelrein tanzen, läßt man zuviele Einheiten auf eine Engstelle zufahren z.B. und die üblichen Abläufe die hier bereíts genannt sind, kein Verschleiß, kein tanken, Besatzung wird nie müde, ein Austausch der Fronteinheiten somit nie nötig ... nicht mal der sonst üblichen "Notdurft" und Verpflegung kommen diese aus Pflichtbewustsein nach ...
Jedenfalls historisch korrekt sieht anderes aus - dennoch ein Spiel welches den Spieler durchaus zu fesseln vermag ...
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

In my opinion you can make Infantry "spiritual" things in Single player. For example I made snakebites in PWM.
When your soldier reached a point (in an one-square location his HP decreased and he died... A snake bit him in the jungle. military14

Or when your soldiers fought through hours, you can make morale loosing scripts.

Off: Ohhh, few minutes ago we played the RCM2.8 modder beta version and I fought against two american player alone with germans. I have lost the battle (after 1944 the americans always win, because they win by force of numbers ) but it was very real Mp game. I enjoyed very much. :D

Stahlin! I wrote you a PM!
Bild
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

After all we can make the best out of Sudden and make it as realistic as possible! There are some things in HS and RWG and other mods really useful. If we can take all the good things from all mods together it will be a good game. And it seems some people working on that.

@Butyok, answer is on its way!
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sudden Strike 2“